Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Produce" MP4 Normal; "Save as disc image" & "Create folder" Stretches Image Horizontally.
NoteApplicable [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2014 18:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have some videos I want to be able to burn to DVD. Since the DVD burner in my desktop is failing, in the Create Disc tab I've chosen the ISO image or Saving to Folder options that can be burned from any other computer later on. I'm having issues with the DVD's because it is stretching the image horizontally.

The video has been been successfully "Produced" to an MP4. The MP4 video image for Youtube upload has the correct proportions.

When I went back to burn a DVD ISO image the image quality is bad and the image is stretched out horizontally. When it stretches horizontally about 25% of the horizontal image is lost. Vertically the image is the same.

I used "Create Disc" on 7 different videos from 7 different Projects and all DVD ISO images had the same problem.

(The video footage was cropped during editing and might be relevent info regarding the glitch, but like I said the MP4 version looks fine so I have my doubts on anything I can do to fix it from the user's perspective.)

Please let me know if any of you have a solution or recommendation. All the editing is done, I just need to be able to get the video to a DVD now. I need standard 4.7GB DVD's for older folks, not Blu-ray DVD's.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 31. 2018 01:59

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using 4:3 aspect ratio source material? If so then make sure that you have set your project correctly i.e. not 16:9.

I'm not a great one for going into to the why's and wherefore's if I find a way that works, I only know that I have had a similar experience to yours in the past and this change corrected the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2018 03:30