Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New 4K videos?
Loren C
Member Location: New Hampshire Joined: Jul 08, 2013 19:53 Messages: 86 Offline
[Post New]
I'm running Power Director !! V-11.0.0.3625
Currently I edit 1080 videos from my GoPro Hero-2 camera.

I'm getting a new camera that records 4K video. Is this older PD-11 software capable of editing 4K video ?

Thanks Ageing Gracefully
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I don’t think so, but you can find out for sure by placing any 4k video say from the internet and place it in the timeline. Try to do some editing on it. Go to the Produce page. Choose a h.264 format and see if there is a 4k profile available.
AlexaRank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Aug 30, 2018 04:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes!

Hi Loren

Where you may find the biggest difference between 11 and, say, 16 is in the speed of processing. Shadow files will be essential, and on versions prior to PD15 they were notoriously slow to process.

4K video takes a lot more computer power, so if your PC is not at the top level you may experience jumping and the like on the timeline. While 4K is great, to get the best out of it you will need a 4K TV or whatever, that can view it. Otherwise there is no point having 4K.

IMHO I would upgrade to the latest PD version to obtain optimum speeds. Sometime soon I suspect PD17 will be on the market so you could keep an eye out for PD16 bargains.

I only shoot in 4K and I use PD16 without any real problems, but I do have a reasonable spec machine.

Why not post a copy of your PCs DxDiag file so that other members of the forum can comment on your combatability with 4K

I hope this helps you

Robert