Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uninstall it - Sale it
aljo.petek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2018 08:55 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I d like to uninstall and sale licences keys for PowerDirector and PhotoDirector. Over cca. 1 year of usage still cant use to it. I am using other sofware now. Is this possible to do. I d like to sale both for cca 30 bucks.

thx for the answer
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
It isn't yours to sell. You have a licence to use it not to re-distribute it.
aljo.petek [Avatar]
[Post New]
But I found software which is much better for my needs.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's irrelevant. You agreed to the conditions when you bought your licence and had 30 days in which to return it for a full refund if it dodn't suit your needs.
aljo.petek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, yes I know. I was trynig to do something in 30 days but than I found other software which is much better (for me). Ok I ll given my licence for free.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
You can't do that. It is not yours to sell or give away.
ger-man [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2018 14:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

I d like to uninstall and sale licences keys for PowerDirector and PhotoDirector. [...] Is this possible to do. I d like to sale both for cca 30 bucks.

Legal issues depend on where you live. In the European Union it is totally legal to sell your used license. (European Court ruling C 128/11 of 3rd of July 2012). So check the legislation that applies to the area where you live.

hth
aljo.petek [Avatar]
[Post New]
I live in European Union. So I ill try to sold it. Thx for the answer. Longedge I think you are to smart. In EU customer is still the king.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
As you wish, it's certainly not my concern smile. There are constant queries in the forum from people who have problems activating the software that they have obtained by whatever means. For my part I stick to the agreement I have knowingly made.