Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDCP 2.2 not available on Cyberlink advisor
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2017 03:51 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks, after doing a BIOS update to 2.50, I am getting a not available for HDCP 2.2 on Advisor. I’ve downgraded back to 2.30, updated all drivers, did a clean install of Windows 1709, did the HDCP key program on the asrock site for my motherboard, which is the Asrock Fatal1ty z220 gaming itx/ac board. I’ve unhooked, rebooked up my HDMI cable. I’ve also hooked up the same HDMI cable to the 1.2 Dispaly port and it cleared up the HDCP up but then no HDR. It sounds to me like the motherboard HDMI chip is bad. I’ve read at Win-rad that someone had this problem with an asrock Fatal1ty gaming z370 board and he also did a bios update that messed it up and then asrock sent out an updated bios and he fixed his with the bios update. But asrock is saying their bios doesn’t have this problem anymore. I’m stumped. I want to play a 4K Blu-ray again. Please help. Thanks a lot for any help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2018 14:38

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
HDCP 2.2 is quite black or white verification, and the compatibility is highly impacted by hardware and firmware (motherboard, monitor, GPU, and Windows) authentication/handshake.

If the advisor shows failed, it is unlikely powerdvd can proceed the playback further.

Do you contact ASRock directly for this problem?
Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote HDCP 2.2 is quite black or white verification, and the compatibility is highly impacted by hardware and firmware (motherboard, monitor, GPU, and Windows) authentication/handshake.

If the advisor shows failed, it is unlikely powerdvd can proceed the playback further.

Hi, yes, they told me their Bios updates didn't have this problem of shutting down the HDCP 2.2. But I beg to differ on that cause my problem with HDCP started when I did the update and downgrading doesn't work. I'm wondeing what I should do. I know someone said something about uninstalling and reinstalling the Hdmi firmware, but how do you uninstall the firmware on the chip? I tried updating it to 1.72 but it didn't fix it. I'm just wonderng what to do next. I have been unhooking the cable and reinserting it also. thanks for any further help. I can also now rule out any problem with my tv and receiver cause I hooked my desktop directly to my tv and my tv does HDCP 2.2 fine on my Roku on the same port. Open to any help, thanks again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2018 07:49

Duggyhow656 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote HDCP 2.2 is quite black or white verification, and the compatibility is highly impacted by hardware and firmware (motherboard, monitor, GPU, and Windows) authentication/handshake.

Hi, I was able to fix this issue by downgrading the BiOS and the trick was restetting the CMOS. Now, I keep seeing Power DVD saying, “ Switching to SDR”. The thing is, all is green on the advisor and I have a compatible motherboard: Asrock Z220 Fatal1ty gaming itx/ac. Thanks for any help.

Update: I was able to fix this issue by reinstalling the intel video display drivers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2018 16:52