Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not sure I understand this!
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Good Morning All

I recently bought a second video camera a Panasonic HC- VXF1. It is much smaller than my main camera and does a lot of things just as well. One of the things that is easy to do is slow motion and I have been experimenting with that. The files I was getting using slowmo were large and contained a lot of rubbish so I thought I would edit out the best bits and produce each as a new clip and delete the original.

My time line environment was set to 25p and the clips ran fine on the timeline. However when I produced at 25p the first three quarters of the clip rendered fine but the last quarter was the same frame over and over - like a freeze frame effect. Examining the original clip I see that that one is 50p progressive. So I rendered at 50p and all was well. Now I thought what is going to happen if I combine 2 clips (I usually film at 25fps) one at 25 and the slowmo one at 50. Is there going to be a problem when I produce at 25fps? I tried it and no problems the combined clip ran perfectly!

I am not complaining - just saying I don't understand it. Why does a single 50fps slowmo clip rendered at 25fps have problems but when combined with a 25fps clip there are no problems.

Sorry if my post is bit convoluted.

Regards

Nigel
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Whether your camcorder is shootingin slow motion or not isn't really a factor. What matters is the specs of the video it outputs.

Open one of the videos from your camcorder in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know the specs of your source footage we'll better be able to offer advise.
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Whether your camcorder is shootingin slow motion or not isn't really a factor. What matters is the specs of the video it outputs.

Open one of the videos from your camcorder in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy and paste the report it generates to this forum.

Once we know the specs of your source footage we'll better be able to offer advise.

Steven

I attach a text file as you suggested. This is the one that I was extracting a clip from.

Regards

Nigel
 Filename
Video Data.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
187 time(s)
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The MP42 is an unusual codec. A Google search shows that a number of people have had trouble working with it.

You can try running the video through Handbrake, a file converter that will turn it into a more traditional MP4.

But that's the only thing I see that's unusual in the video's specs. So I'm not sure what else to recommend.
collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Steven

Thanks for that. It seems to be Ok if I first produce it at 50p and then use the produced version. In most occasions I would be extracting a slowmo section anyway. Presumably the clip produced by PD is of a more normal flavour and as a result does the same job as Handbrake.

Regards

Nigel