Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PD16 have regular image stabilization
Johnny5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2017 19:29 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
DISREGARD

Found it nested and named video stabilization.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that I have such a simple question, but I can't take the blame as the help instructions in PD16 are inaccurate.

Instructions:

Select a media file on the timeline and then click the Fix/Enhance button to apply instant fixes, such as lighting adjustments, lens correction, video/audio denoise, video stabilization, and more. In the Fix section, the following options are available:

Searching on the web, the tutorial page and even within the forums here, one doesn't find anything other than that capability for 360 videos if at all.

Could I be mistaken in thinking that PD16 has convential video image stabilization when it doesn't?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 09. 2018 05:17

[Post New]
Quote DISREGARD

Found it nested and named video stabilization.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that I have such a simple question, but I can't take the blame as the help instructions in PD16 are inaccurate.

Instructions:

Select a media file on the timeline and then click the Fix/Enhance button to apply instant fixes, such as lighting adjustments, lens correction, video/audio denoise, video stabilization, and more. In the Fix section, the following options are available:

Searching on the web, the tutorial page and even within the forums here, one doesn't find anything other than that capability for 360 videos if at all.

Could I be mistaken in thinking that PD16 has convential video image stabilization when it doesn't?

PowerDirector does indeed have stabilization, though it is for video, not still images. The video stabilization feature works extremely well:

Just like the directions say, select a clip on the timeline so that it is highlighted, and then click on the "FIX/ENHANCE" option that appears just above the timeline. The window that pops up includes a check-able option in the upper left side called "Video Stabilizer". When you check on it, you can then select what level of stabilization you wish to achieve. Recommend using both additional options to further stabilize the video ("fix rotational shake" and "enhnaced stabilizer", which seems to fix what is known as roll effect).

Hope this helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2018 05:18