Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to store video work for security
[Post New]
I need advice on storing my video work off my computer to preserve it. I have SOS cloud storage service and Goolge Drive. No external hard drive yet.

I just finished the first section of a long video I am producing. The produced file is 2.4 Gb MP4. The entire video project will probably reach 60 GB (about 1.5 hour video).

Cyberlink cloud limits upload file size to 1 GB so that's not an option.

Need advice:

1. Can anyone advise on a simple system and strategy to preserve my edit and produced video files? A combination of hardisk on site and cloud storage? Good hardware, vendor and software for doing this?

I am a novice so it needs to be a amateur user-friendly scheme.

2. Since the final video will be very long I assume I need to produce and store it in segments? Also, upload to You-Tube in segments: "Title, part 1", "Title, part 2", etc,

Thanks Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
My favorite way is an external Hard Drive. Reason is it is local and can to put in a secure location such as a bank vault.

You can have multiple hard drives. I recommend large hard drives (1 TB and up). Just remember, hard drives do fail, you might consider saving your videos to two or more hard drives so you have more that one copy.

Cloud storage may be good, The one problem with cloud storage, you must have an internet connection to access. If for any reason you do not have a connection, you can not get your files. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with what Carl312 said and I suggest that you should also consider thumb drives.

Don't forget to remember to "Pack your Project" also.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2018 08:10

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I use a NAS with 2 4TB drives in RAID1. That means, both drives have the same data. The overall storage is 4TB. Both drives must fail the same time to loose my data. This is not the safest, but I didn't want to copy the files to 2 drives (I did that before). It was very easy to configure the NAS and for copying I use "robocopy" together with YARCGUI.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080