Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitle Style Formatting Issue
Andrew Lang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 07, 2017 05:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there

Recently I'm authoring a DVD movie complete with menu, chapters, and subtitle. My subtitle consists of hundreds of lines with some of them italicized (manually, from the subtitle room, since PD doesn't recognize the "</i>" command on the srt files) while some others not. The problem is, whenever I burn the project as an iso on my computer and play it, ALL the subtitle lines in my movie would be italicized instead of just certain intended ones of them. This faulty sub. encoding occurs if I italicize the very first of the subtitle lines. It seems that PD uses this line as a 'determining sample' for all the other lines beneath it, as the whole subtitle body turns either all straight-up or italicized depending on the formatting of the first line. I'm using PowerDirector 15 ver. 15.0.3424.0 Ultimate and my subtitle is a disc-file (not imprinted onto the video) so I could turn it on and off on my DVD player. I would love it to see my subtitle have a variation of line styles as a disc sub in my movie. Been trying so many times to achieve this, but sadly to no avail. And so for this I request your assistance.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2018 10:11

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew -

I think that's just a limitation of selecting the disc/file option for subtitles. You would have noticed the "Note":

If the subtitles are embedded in the video, each can be formatted separately, but NOT when they're created for disc.

The only way around it, I think, would be to find other software that can create the disc as you wish (if there is such a thing)... or embed it in the video & not give the viewer any choice.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!