Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Add Property lines to video in PowerDirector 16
Tim5071 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Magee, MS Joined: Nov 06, 2016 14:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to add property lines to a video where the lines will remain in the appropriate locations while the video is in motion. Can someone point me in the right direction to figuring this out? I have looked for this, but I'm not exactly sure what this would even be called. Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim -

That's potentially a bit complex, depending on the video. I'm assuming it's shot from a drone.

If the video is static, with no panning or zooming, it's simple...

Take a snapshot from the video - draw the boundary line on it in graphics software - remove the background (unnecessary if you use layers & only save the boundary line layer as a .png). That .png file can be dropped in Track 2 at the appropriate point, so you get...

If the video is panning or zooming, which it might typically be shot from a drone, it makes the task much more challenging & PDR can't solve that easily for you.

One possibility (in that case) would be to frreze the video at that point - add a freeze frame - then insert the boundary overlay. That would be much simpler than manually keyframing the boundary line to change shape with the video.

The overlays would look like the one attached.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Boundary.png]
 Filename
Boundary.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!