Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD menus problem
jeffreyws [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2016 21:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So here's my dilemma with burning my project to disc, especially with multiple titles.

There are four options, which are:

• Start from tne menu page and play all titles sequentially

• Start from the first titie and play all titles sequentially

• Start from the first title and play all titles repeatedly

• Play the selected title only

Where's the option that lets you go in and out of menus anytine you want? When I burned a disc with menus on it, the player doesn't recognize that it has menus, and gave me the 🚫 symbol, instead of sending me to the currently-playing title's menu.

So HOW do I make it where it'll let me go back and forth from menus, rather than start ignoring me after the "play" button is picked?

Alternatively, if there are no root menus, the DVD player doesn't want to go back to it, either. It expects a valid "title" menu in addition to "chapters".

This isn't my first foray into making my own custom DVD's, as I have used Nero and its menus have worked in all the players I tried my discs on.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jeffreyws -

Assuming everything was working correctly, the menu playback option you're after is the last one - Play the selected title only.

With that option selected, you select a video title from the menu - it plays, then returns to the same menu page.

The issue of the player not recognising the menu needs further testing. Did you use one of PDR's standard menus? a downloaded template? or a customised menu?

Have you tested the disc in other players? Does it function correctly in your PC?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Stunt Double [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2018 10:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I believe I'm having the same problem. While playing just about any DVD, you can either hit menu or exit on your remote and it will take you to a DVD menu; either the root or scene selection options. The DVDs I've created start at the root menu after pressing "play". From there, the menus function properly; I can go back and forth from the scenes and the root, but once I hit play, I cannot return to the menus. I can only stop the DVD entirely or skip to the next scene.

I'm using the "Science Fiction" template provided with the software. I'm using 4:3 display ratio because it's old movies from the 80's. I'm currently using the 1st playback option which is to start from the main menu and play all chapters sequentiall, but it seems that I should be able to return to the root menu no matter what option is chosen. Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?
marcelcpm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2008 10:54 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
one question iff you use a Playstation4 as your Blu Ray Player?
I only have the same Problem with my Ps4 pro on my Destop its runing with all Menü with Music with all
Stunt Double [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2018 10:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the problem on most devices. I don't have a PS4.