Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Viewing modes
Kempec [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2018 17:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
What is the difference between PC Mode and Theater Mode? I have a laptop with Miracast support and I have put a Netgear PTV3000 on my system with connection via HDMI. Will putting PowerDVD in Theater Mode make any difference when using the Miracast connection?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

The differences betweem PC Mode and TV Mode are basically as the names suggest. However, if you are connecting via an HDMI cable and using Miracast to play PowerDVD content on the extended device (TV), then this is only available in PC Mode.

In this case you use PowerDVD on your computer to access media content, and when you click play, the content plays on the extended device. See the help for details.

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 01. 2018 21:44