Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using a regular remote with PowerDVD 18?
Synergy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2017 13:52 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
As the title suggests, I would like to use a regular BD remote (either IR or Bluetooth) to control PDVD18 on my computer. I have several spare remotes sitting in my closet, and I am completely fed-up with the pitiful remote app on Android.

It's connection was very flaky and inconsistent on PowerDVD 17; and now that I upgraded to 18, it hasn't worked at all.
(yes I troubleshooted extensively -- not even interested in wasting any more time with it).

So has anyone had any success with other remotes, or universal ones?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2018 23:30

Synergy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 02, 2017 13:52 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
In-case anyone else wants to do this, I got it to work with a PS3 BD Remote (of all things) by pairing the remote with my computer and then having the buttons emulate keystrokes corrosponding to the PowerDVD keyboard controls. Works really well and not flaky at all. Better than the phone remote app by a mile!