Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDNews Issue 10 now available
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Members,

Issue 10 of PDNews is now available.

This issue is a bit heavy on technicalities, but I think it's worth the read.

It covers info on h264.v.h265, AV1 and JEVT as well as HEIF and HEIC. If you don't know what the acronyms mean - have a glance through and get a bit more informed.

I spent a lot of years as a business consultant - a colleague once said " if you know one more fact than the next guy - you're the expert", so here's your chance!

Previous Issues can be downloaded here:

Issue 1
Issue 2
Issue 3
Issue 4
Issue 5
Issue 6
Issue 7
Issue 8
Issue 9
 Filename
PDNews Issue 10.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
883 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 03. 2018 15:24

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Very well put together. I had to read a few sections over a few times but I really enjoyed it. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This newsletter is only 3 months late. It is put together well with lots of interesting articles so it is well worth the wait! There is an error on page 11 where “Some film strip PNGs that might fit a project?” has an incorrect link to the one above it. This does show that some of us do read the entire newsletter. LOL.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This newsletter is only 3 months late. It is put together well with lots of interesting articles so it is well worth the wait! There is an error on page 11 where “Some film strip PNGs that might fit a project?” has an incorrect link to the one above it. This does show that some of us do read the entire newsletter. LOL.

One error in 10 issues? Well I don't think we have done too bad - thanks for reading Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Re: the link error on page 11...

The error must have been corrected by the time I downloaded PDNews10 because the link (on my copy) is correct.

In Microsoft Edge, when I hover over "Some film strip PNGs that might fit in a project?" https://filtergrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FREE-FILM-STRIPS.zip appears in the footer. Clicking the link allows me to download the .zip file from https://filtergrade.com/free-film-strips-png-overlays/

Anyway Adrian & Robert - late or not - it's a fine issue packed with good stuff.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!