Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MTS file imports but doesn't play audio
Tim5071 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Magee, MS Joined: Nov 06, 2016 14:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When I import my .mts file into PowerDirector 16, the audio part shows up, but it doesn't play. It will play in AudioDirector, but not in PowerDirector. I can't seem to find anything to make it work. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I import my .mts file into PowerDirector 16, the audio part shows up, but it doesn't play. It will play in AudioDirector, but not in PowerDirector. I can't seem to find anything to make it work. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

Is it only with MTS? Do other formats such as MP4 work normally? Make sure that you have updated to the latest patch, build 2816. If the problem persists try downloading the K-lite codec pack as you may have a missing codec.

And if all the above fails try installing the "free" AC3Filter

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 24. 2018 10:52

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
quim111 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lisbon, Portugal Joined: Jan 16, 2014 21:46 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with those files. Tried the above, but didn't worked. Any other solutions?

Thanks quim11
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Is your video's audio stereo or 5.1?
quim111 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Lisbon, Portugal Joined: Jan 16, 2014 21:46 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is your video's audio stereo or 5.1?

Hi,

It's stereo. quim11
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I import my .mts file into PowerDirector 16, the audio part shows up, but it doesn't play. It will play in AudioDirector, but not in PowerDirector. I can't seem to find anything to make it work. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

See the image marked parts, possible causes of not having audio in the timeline.
Assuming you have the audio wave and the horizontal line exists, if you do not right click and check if this marked Mute Clip.
[Thumb - no audio.jpg]
 Filename
no audio.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
246 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
quim111 [Avatar]
[Post New]

See the image marked parts, possible causes of not having audio in the timeline.
Assuming you have the audio wave and the horizontal line exists, if you do not right click and check if this marked Mute Clip.

Hi,

Checked and tried all your sugestions, didn't worked, still the same. Thanks anyway. quim11
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Checked and tried all your sugestions, didn't worked, still the same. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for your return.
If you can post about 5 seconds of this video here, we could check it out XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
quim111 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you for your return.
If you can post about 5 seconds of this video here, we could check it out

Here it goes, thanks for the help.
 Filename
Sample 4.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4489 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
249 time(s)
quim11
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

My unzipping software tells me that the folder Sample 4.zip is empty and therefore cannot open it Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]

Here, too, there's no audio in here at all. (in PD16)

In the post title was shown MTS video, sample posted here is MKV.
Here in Nero Video I exported to MP4 and M2TS, audio works on PD16.

I'm still researching.
Problem for Cyberlink Support
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2018 15:01

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
The Shadowman
[Post New]

Here, too, there's no audio in here at all. (in PD16)
I'm still researching.
Problem for Cyberlink Support
[url=https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do[/url]

I've read somewhere that copying rather than dragging from an SD card can make a difference. Try it with one file: On the SD card highlight and copy the file and then paste it to you hard drive. Load into PD and see if that works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2018 14:57

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The .mkv doesn't import into my PDR with audio. I ran it through VLC and saved as .mp4 and that format is fine.
 Filename
test.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
reencoded
 Filesize
1171 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
294 time(s)
Jay Stout [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2018 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Purchased/downloaded Ultimate about a week ago and MTS files from my Panasonic camera have no audio when played on Power Director 16. The audio plays fine on the camera.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I have the same problem. Purchased/downloaded Ultimate about a week ago and MTS files from my Panasonic camera have no audio when played on Power Director 16. The audio plays fine on the camera.

It doesn't help the audio problem, but I set my GH4 up to record MTS files and the result was quite normal. All the audio played as it should.

I did find however, that shadow files take forever to generate with MTS files, a ten second clip took 20 minutes. Very odd. Does anybody else find this?
yaman 1222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 28, 2018 07:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have an answer but one thing I found was that the sample posted played but with no Audio in the Windows10 player "Films & TV" and "Windows Media Player". The same sample played with audio in "VLC" and "Windows Media Player Classic". The volume was noticeably louder in WMPC. My take on it is that it is not a PDR issue but something to do with the way in which the .mkv file was encoded.
Tim5071 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Magee, MS Joined: Nov 06, 2016 14:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have the same problem with those files. Tried the above, but didn't worked. Any other solutions?

Thanks

So, I have tried everything I could think of and nothing seemed to work. I made sure the file wasn't muted. I then checked the Volume button on the video viewer and guess what....the volume automatically reduces to zero when I import an MTS file. I turned the volume up and it worked perfectly. I tried that on several imported videos and it worked. I'm not sure why it's turning the volume down, but that was what I found with mine.