Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I make my own DVD Menu Background using my own images?
Antelligent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2018 03:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see any video references about making your own DVD Menu Background for Power Director 16 -Any advise here?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
As I show you in my books, the Menu Designer is for doing just that!

To modify a current template, select the template on the Menu Preferences panel and, on the pop-up panel that appears, select Modify. (Note that not all templates can be modified.)

To create a menu from scratch, click the Create Menu button at the top left of the Menu Preferences panel.
Antelligent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2018 03:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As I show you in my books, the Menu Designer is for doing just that!

To modify a current template, select the template on the Menu Preferences panel and, on the pop-up panel that appears, select Modify. (Note that not all templates can be modified.)

To create a menu from scratch, click the Create Menu button at the top left of the Menu Preferences panel.

Thanks Steven for your quick help. Looks like after several hours here, no one else would bother to help or reply. But I appreciate your assistance. Have a nice day.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

..... Looks like after several hours here, no one else would bother to help or reply......

Hi,
I should point out that this is a member to member forum and members answer questions voluntarily. No one has an obligation to answer or participate in a topic and, if folk take a while to get involved, so be it.

Most of us appreciate that it can be frustrating when we can't figure out what we need to do, but it would be unreasonable (from a volunteer forum) to expect immediate answers to a topic, particularly when the issue has been addressed before in several variations over the years.

The PDR Help has a section on Creating Discs, a sub-section is on Customizing Disc Menus in the Menu Designer. It covers the Setting of the Menu Opening Video and Background Image or Video - which would be the ideal place to start.

For the record, your original topic and query was posted at time code 03:16, you PMd the moderator at 07:56 with the same single line question, I replied at 08:35 with a suggested link and you received another answer from StephenG at 08:55. Obviously with a global community, time zones play an important part in members' participation, but I think your comment could be seen as a little unjustified.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator