Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RANDOM Equirectangular images look pinched when imported to 360 timeline
bitbyter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2018 08:51 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have a sequence of 175 equirectangular images that I'm trying to make into a 360 sequence. I've marked them all as equirectangular and they all display the 360 badge in topright corner of thumbnail within media room.

When I add them to the timeline, approximately 70 of them import correctly, then the rest import with a "pinched" nadir resulting in an overall warp to the scene. I have resized all source images to exactly 4096x2048 and tried again -same result (althought the warp doesn't necessarily start at the same scene).

I've tried clearing the timeline and importing images one by one - there's an image number at which they all start appearing warped (again, no hard division i.e. not tied to a specific image). I've even deleted the images from the media library and re-imported just the bad ones ... same result.

I've tried right-clicking the scene in the timeline and setting "Clip Attribute->Set Image Stretch Mode" to "Use CLPV to stretch..." with no change.

Tearing out my hair trying to determine how the program is seeing any difference between the source files.

Please help!
Thx, Scott
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott -

I'm sure you're seeing what you're seeing, but I'm equally sure I can't replicate that here in PDR16.

I imported 224 360° photos from various cameras - Mission, Gear360, Theta S, Theta V, Fusion, Yi 360, PixPro & Insta360 - about 30% of those were "duplicates" that were edited in PhD9 before import.

I could detect no pinching or distortion at any point in the timeline e.g. unadjusted & adjusted versions of the same 360° photos displayed the same wherever they were placed in the timeline.

N.B. I did not resize any photos before import or use any stretching or CLPV to modify photos.

If you post some screenshots it might make the issue clearer for other members.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2018 16:22

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bitbyter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2018 08:51 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Scott -

I'm sure you're seeing what you're seeing, but I'm equally sure I can't replicate that here in PDR16.

I imported 224 360° photos from various cameras - Mission, Gear360, Theta S, Theta V, Fusion, Yi 360, PixPro & Insta360 - about 30% of those were "duplicates" that were edited in PhD9 before import.

I could detect no pinching or distortion at any point in the timeline e.g. unadjusted & adjusted versions of the same 360° photos displayed the same wherever they were placed in the timeline.

N.B. I did not resize any photos before import or use any stretching or CLPV to modify photos.

If you post some screenshots it might make the issue clearer for other members.

Cheers - Tony

***EMBARRASSED*** I got back around to this project and by previewing the source files in a standalone 360 viewer discovered that the source images were the problem - I was harvesting the images from the web and despite exact same capture routine, at some point they were being saved as 330 degrees stretched to equirectangular dimensions. Apologies for making you spend any clock cycles on it.