Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green Screen.on PowerDVD 9
ToniP678 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2009 04:07 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
With the latest update there are no more subtitle glitches (subs displayed sometimes way too fast).

Now I have another problem (DVD only, Blu Ray works fine):
with Classic-Mode I get sometimes (3 out of 5) a green screen (audio works fine), means I see only green colour on the screen.
When I switch to Cinema-Mode it works perfect. Switching back to Classic-Mode gets things sometimes right.

Starting in Cinema-Mode works perfect - switching to Classic-Mode gets me 60% a green screen.

Unluckily Cinema-Mode doesn't support all features (Read it clearly ...)

I have a Core2Quad / ATI 4670 / Samsung T240 (DVI)./ Vista64

Other players works without this green screen effect - so it must be PowerDVD.

Wasn't there a similar problem years ago with XP? Alpha / Transperancy effects I think ....
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2009 18:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Exact same thing for me Toni.
I was hoping you already found the answer
I have a I7 950/ATI 4850/Vista 64

As with you, other players - VLC, WMC, work fine.

Hoping to find an answer soon.

Thanks,
John
ToniP678 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2009 04:07 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Green Screen gone.

I don't no exactly why.
I installed an older game which tries to install an older DirectX Version. Normally Vista should block that, but I think it can't hurt to reinstall the latest DX Version (March 2009).
Today I try to reproduce the Green Screen for Cyberlink (they want a screendump) and nothing happens. After 8 different DVD's - no Green Screen.
The only greater change I did to the system was the reinstall of DX, so I hope that the simple reinstall solved THIS Problem.
But I get another problem . To solve the above I installed the latest Catalyst 9.8 (doesn't help) and get another Problem: Black with Blu-Ray playback isn't black anymore - it's more a middle grey.
Anybody any idea?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2009 04:33

Andreas Schöneck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2009 19:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
After updating to rev. 2029 I now get green screens.

DVD movies and menus are partially (about 80-90% of the lower image) covered with green blocks. VLC (DirectX out) plays fine. Cinema mode seems to be working correctly.

Also, some DVD menus are innavigable.

OS is Win7 RTM x64
Here's some information from PowerDVD

Maybe a regression...?
wowexec [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 16, 2009 19:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi to all,
same problem to me.

Powerdvd 9 deluxe build 2010 on Vista x64.
I've an ATI Radeon Hd 4850.

It's a very annoying issue; if i insert an already viewed dvd and i choose "Restart" the playback becomes green and corrupted. This doesn't happens to new dvd.