Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loss of audio volume between edited and produced video
[Post New]
After editing, when I produce a video the produced version has 30 to 50% lower audio volume. Is there a way to fix this so that the produced video has the same volume as the edited version?

Could the problem be In the parameters I select for production? - fast video rendering /intel quick sync video, surround sound /Dolby Digital 5.1

Cyberlink support suggested adjusting the volume in the produced video using Wave Editor or Audio Director.

Using this suggested solution - increase the volume of all audio in the produced video - will require that I produce it again after that edit, right?

Also, with this solution all the sound adjustments I made during edit will have to be done again, increasing the relative volume of each. That's a lot of wasted and redundant effort.

Surely there is a reason for audio volume loss between the edited and produced versions of video. Exact replication of audio during production is a basic requirement in video editing. Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You never said what the format and audio in your source files are. If the audio is 5.1 then in Preference /General check what you have it set for. If your prefs and source audio is stereo then producing in 5.1 will have lower volume. This is normal. You also never said if your pc audio is stereo or 5.1 (having 6 speakers) on your computer.

Try this: Change in the prefs to stereo and click OK to exit. Check your preview volume. If it is okay then change it to 5.1 and check your preview volume again. If there was a glitch then this fixes it for many.
[Post New]
Quote You never said what the format and audio in your source files are. If the audio is 5.1 then in Preference /General check what you have it set for. If your prefs and source audio is stereo then producing in 5.1 will have lower volume. This is normal. You also never said if your pc audio is stereo or 5.1 (having 6 speakers) on your computer.

Try this: Change in the prefs to stereo and click OK to exit. Check your preview volume. If it is okay then change it to 5.1 and check your preview volume again. If there was a glitch then this fixes it for many.

I omitted the Dolby Digital in the production parameters and the sound came out fine. I just left the production sound as stereo (2 channels?), same as the source sound.

thanks! Philip Anderson
Charlottesville, Virginia USA