Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Authorisation error for BD-Live
Michaeli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2018 02:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to watch the X-Men 3 extras disc on my laptop earlier and I kept getting an authorisation error for BD-Live I selected both the Yes and No buttons to proceed and Power DVD 9 Ultra locks up (Not Responding) ALL the other discs in the X-Men Boxset worked perfectly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2018 22:01

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

PowerDVD 9 is a very old version, and it sounds like the AACS keys on the disc have expired, so they will not play correctly, as you are now experiencing.

If this is the full retail version of 9 Ultra, go here and get a free update to PowerDVD 12:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

You need to scroll down the PowerDVD 9 section and click the "here" link to get it.

Note that once you update to version 12, you need to update that version to the latest 8705 patch.

You also need to note that PowerDVD 9 and 12 do not support Windows 10, which may cause issues during installation if you upgrade to 10.

Dave