Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So utterly confusing to download and use the product!
chieftan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2018 22:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I bought powerdirector ultra product card at a retail store a few days ago, now i lost the receipt but i have my key and the card, how do i download and activate the product?

hi. i went to the digital locker url and got this error message: Error: Your Product Key is not recognized, is out of date or has already been activated. Please try again. If you still encounter difficulties, please contact.
<a>https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/digitalCopy/dc-step2.jsp?langId=1&productId=267&prodVerId=1330</a>

wow never seen any product so hard and difficult to download, and support isnt much help either
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Downloading PowerDirector is quite straightforward for most.

Where did you buy this "product card" exactly? From which store?

David
chieftan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Downloading PowerDirector is quite straightforward for most.

Where did you buy this "product card" exactly? From which store?

David

Harveynorman.com.au

For most but not for me. digital locker doesnt work, nothing works, and its so confusing
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Most likely there is a problem with your key. Try contacting CyberLink Customer Service about it, as no one on the forum can get you a download or a different key.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

From what I remember from other users with similar issues, best to include a photo of the card that has the key on it and also the error message you are getting.

David
chieftan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Most likely there is a problem with your key. Try contacting CyberLink Customer Service about it, as no one on the forum can get you a download or a different key.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

From what I remember from other users with similar issues, best to include a photo of the card that has the key on it and also the error message you are getting.

David

Ive sent 2 messages and had very little help.I cant even add extra messages. Seems like a joke no wonder people pirate any more stuff around and im joining their ranks!

My key is legit why is it so hard to download a program?
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
"no wonder people pirate any more stuff around and im joining their ranks"

That speaks volumes to me.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi chieftan -

You purchased PDR16 for $AU118 from the Harvey Norman online store, but you seem to be blaming CyberLink for the issue you're having with your product card/key. Have you tried contacting Harvey Norman?

Harvey Norman is not listed in CyberLink's Authorised Reseller list, so I assume it's a reseller for Saratoga Distribution.

Harvey Norman seems to have a pretty standard refund/returns policy. Why not return the product, get a refund, then purchase it directly from CyberLink, save yourself $AU37 & get CDR5 as a bonus?

How do you reckon the product support will be if you go the piracy route?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote "no wonder people pirate any more stuff around and im joining their ranks"

That speaks volumes to me.

Don't have a go at your inspiration sources, when it seems you may have dabbled a bit with dodgy and seen the true cost.

What really "gets" me is that I've been downloading (and paying for) PD versions since 5. The only problem I've ever had (besides my own stupidity and inability to RTFM was when I downloaded an NVIDIA update too quickly for the crew at CL to keep up.

I won't stands to hear a word against us noble pirates, although Aussies... that's quite a different matter.

The moral: Don't wear flammable pants when trying to dodge being a legit user. PowerDirector is great value. Pay a reasonable price for it. To Cyberlink. Or they might send the Ninjas round.