Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Large 3gp files do not load properly in AD8 with latest patch.
Br00ksY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2018 13:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Large 3gp files do not import properly and play in AD8 with latest patch.
Smaller files work flawlessly.
Please advise...
Many thanks!
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Screen capture software GUI after import
 Filesize
125 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag
 Filesize
152 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
327 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2018 03:46

Br00ksY
[Post New]
Hello Br00ksY,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

Firstly, is there a particular reason you're using .3GP files? What is the source of your .3GPs? Did you generate them in particular software? Also, what do you mean by "large"?

Since first reading your post, I've tested a number of .3GP files from various sources and found that:

1. some import & display the wave form correctly (most I tested)

2. some import but don't show the wave form correctly

3. some will not import & generate an error alert

.3GP files are created in different ways, using different video & audio codecs. Your observation that the issue is related to file size may be correct. It may also be to do with the structure of the file.

Unfortunately, I don't have a device that records in .3GP format, nor an NLE that renders as .3GP, so my testing is limited to downloaded & converted files.

In my testing, for example, a 30MB .3GP (~9min duration) imports & displays properly whilst a 156kb .3GP (9sec duration) will import but no waveform is shown, similar to your screenshot.

The 30MB file is formatted with MPEG-4 video (Simple@L1) & AAC audio. The 156kb file has MPEG-4 video (Simple@L2) & AMR Narrow Band audio.

Using a 10min 30sec video produced in PDR16 (1GB+), I converted to .3GP using different options. When the audio was encoded as AAC, the .3GP imported & dispalyed waveform correctly. Using the AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate) option, the resultant .3GP imports but will not display a waveform.

Could I suggest checking your files with MediaInfo to see what the audio properties are. That appears to be at the root of the issue.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Br00ksY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much for your response.
Now, no 3gp will load. It must have been a update that is causing this. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to research it.
I'm using VLC to translate the files and it works just fine.
Thank you again. Br00ksY
[Post New]
Hello again Br00ksY,

Conversion to .3GP isn't supported in VLC player, even though it plays back .3GP files. So, you're converting to a different format which changes the question and supports what I'd found previously.

By converting, obviously the video/audio codecs are beng changed. That allows ADR to import & display the waveform.

I'm glad you've found a way around the issue

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Br00ksY [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Br00ksY,

Conversion to .3GP isn't supported in VLC player, even though it plays back .3GP files. So, you're converting to a different format which changes the question and supports what I'd found previously.

By converting, obviously the video/audio codecs are beng changed. That allows ADR to import & display the waveform.

I'm glad you've found a way around the issue

PIX

Yes, I'm converting from 3gp to mp3.
Many thanks 😁 Br00ksY