Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Time Editing
Novinian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2018 13:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to edit the time of a title so that only the first 5 seconds show up. It's the brush_04 title with paint splotches, and I only need the first half of it. Splitting the video on the timeline or setting the duration to 5 seconds only compacts and speeds up the effect so that the full 10 seconds shows up in 5.

Is there anyway to cut it such that it won't reset the coding embedded in the title effect and condense everything? I'm not trying to change the speed or anything, just cut the effect in half.

Thanks for any help you can give!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
The short answer is no, because the title effect will always play all the way through the effect. Shortening it just makes the effect in the template play faster as you experienced.

What you could do though is input the text and set it to the length you want the first part to be, then produce that as a new video file on its own. Input that video file of the full effect, and then cut it to what you want.

That should work, but I am sure others have better ideas.

David
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
The short answer is no, because the title effect will always play all the way through the effect. Shortening it just makes the effect in the template play faster as you experienced.

What you could do though is input the text and set it to the length you want the first part to be, then produce that as a new video file on its own. Input that video file of the full effect, and then cut it to what you want.

That should work, but I am sure others have better ideas.

David

Double click on the title in the timeline to open the title designer. When Title Designer is open, uncheck the the track with "T" on the left. You will only have the particle left. If you want some text left, leave the track checked and adjust the length by dragging the adjustment bars Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Novinian -

This response might be a bit confusing after David's & The Shadowman's posts, so I'm sorry about that.

The reason the effect is inflexible like that is that the orange gradient splodge effect is an animation. It's made up of 151 separate animation files (images). You'll see them if you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Titles\PDR11_Title_111

Now, if you imported the first 75 of those, from E1_00000 to E1_00074, dropped them in the timeline & set the duration of each one to 00:00:00:01 (1 frame), you'd have the animation you're after. Then you could overlay a plain title in a higher numbered track. Your timeline would look like:

The above suggestion gives you a total duration of 00:00:02:15 (2½ seconds) in a 30fps project. If you want it to last longer make the duration for each frame 00:00:00:02 or just extend the duration of the last image.

I've used those 75 frames to make a PiP Object template which would serve the same purpose. Insert the PiP Object in one track & the tile in another. Your timeline would look like:

Here's the template on DirectorZone.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 06. 2018 14:28

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Novinian -

This response might be a bit confusing after David's & The Shadowman's posts, so I'm sorry about that.

The reason the effect is inflexible like that is that the orange gradient splodge effect is an animation. It's made up of 151 separate animation files (images). You'll see them if you look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Titles\PDR11_Title_111

Now, if you imported the first 75 of those, from E1_00000 to E1_00074, dropped them in the timeline & set the duration of each one to 00:00:00:01 (1 frame), you'd have the animation you're after. Then you could overlay a plain title in a higher numbered track. Your timeline would look like:

The above suggestion gives you a total duration of 00:00:02:15 (2½ seconds) in a 30fps project. If you want it to last longer make the duration for each frame 00:00:00:02 or just extend the duration of the last image.

I've used those 75 frames to make a PiP Object template which would serve the same purpose. Insert the PiP Object in one track & the tile in another. Your timeline would look like:

Here's the template on DirectorZone.

Cheers - Tony

Tony, I'm confused. Are you saying my suggestion doesn't work? My understing is, the OP just wanted the splodge and not the text. Opening brush_04 in TD allows you to remove the text. Where am I going wrong?

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

I guess we just read the OP's question differently. I took it to mean that the OP wanted only the first half of the animation.

Your suggestion works perfectly if the purpose is to shorten the duration of the title, but leave the animation as it is.

So - it's not about right or wrong - just different. smile

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hi Robert -

I guess we just read the OP's question differently. I took it to mean that the OP wanted only the first half of the animation.

Your suggestion works perfectly if the purpose is to shorten the duration of the title, but leave the animation as it is.

So - it's not about right or wrong - just different. smile

Cheers - Tony

Ah! I see the difference now. Ta Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,