Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Edit doesn't stop at end of track
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
There is nothing to be seen on the track but the playing keeps going until 7 mins when there is only 2 mins video. How do I stop this or find what is causing it?
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Check the other tracks. It sounds to me that there is something else on another track that is 7 minutes long.

Regards
Phil
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The End key will take you to the end of the project (or the clip in question if that is selected, it can have a dual function) - wherever it is.

At that point, expand the timeline to the maximum, down to frame level, and look at all tracks. More than likely you will find an orphan snippet of media, perhaps only a single frame, that has been left behind after a split or overwrite during an earlier edit.

At normal timeline zoom, it will not be visible, but PDR will render the whole timeline when producing, even if the snippet is a single frame of a black color board, or an audio snip of complete silence!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
strifemit [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 15, 2017 20:17 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

The End key will take you to the end of the project (or the clip in question if that is selected, it can have a dual function) - wherever it is.

At that point, expand the timeline to the maximum, down to frame level, and look at all tracks. More than likely you will find an orphan snippet of media, perhaps only a single frame, that has been left behind after a split or overwrite during an earlier edit.

At normal timeline zoom, it will not be visible, but PDR will render the whole timeline when producing, even if the snippet is a single frame of a black color board, or an audio snip of complete silence!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you. I literally had to go max to find it and it was there. I just hadn't gone far enough. Appreciated.