Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D problems
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
I have for some time been struggling the get 3D playback working reliably and have posted a ticket CS001907202 2 days ago detailing this. Basically when I start a 3D disk or .iso my TV initially switches to 3D mode (HDMI 1080 24hz) but by the time the disk menu is displayed it has gone back to 2D and the PowerDVD 18 setting "Play 3D Media in 3D" has been de-activated. Manually setting the option to 3D again will restart the movie and it will play in 3D till the end but restarting the same movie or a new 3D movie will result in the same problem. Playing back 3D .mkv rips in 3D works perfectly.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm running Win 10 x64 (1803 all updates) with an AMD RX570 GPU.

Also further to this problem and not reported (to avoid posting 2 issues) in the ticket, is a further problem I noticed. If I attempt to play a 3D disk or .iso when the "Play 3D Media in 3D" setting is not ticked then PowerDVD 18 errors saying it has not detected a 3D capable display and returns to main menu. I would suggest a more appropriate error message should be displayed and playback continue in 2D mode.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26. 2018 06:42

Joe
lefarvid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2017 09:28 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I don't have the solution but just curious if you tried the Bluray Advisor and what is the result of the 3D check?
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I don't have the solution but just curious if you tried the Bluray Advisor and what is the result of the 3D check?

Yes, first thing I did when I got the error, all 3D playback requirements come up green/ticked.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 28. 2018 06:13

Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Lacking any expert or informed response here, I am going to assume the message I'm getting is from the Bluray disk itself in response to the player (PowerDVD 18 ) not being capable of playing 3D (i.e. because the "Play 3D Media in 3D" box is unticked), rather than an error from PowerDVD itself.
Having said that seeing as PowerDVD does detect other conditions that inhibit 3D playback and issues an error, e.g. not being in fullscreen, I could wish that it would similarly error when the "Play 3D Media in 3D" box is unticked and before the disk playback gets underway and reports a very misleading error.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 01. 2018 07:12

Joe