Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhD files
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2014 20:45 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Is it normal that PhD creates folders in Windows Explorer when I import pictures from other folders on my HD. I've been working on quite a few small projects with edits/layers and I noticed now I have a number of folders that were created and named as a date (06181. How should I maintain these folders if I want to continue updating the pictures at a later date. I am working on a band flyer/promo picture that I want to reuse and make changes with future dates.

I can't see having 100 extra folders hanging around with pictures that I already have.

If someone knows where I can read about how PhD creates these files, I would appreciate it.

thanks.
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is it normal that PhD creates folders in Windows Explorer when I import pictures from other folders on my HD. I've been working on quite a few small projects with edits/layers and I noticed now I have a number of folders that were created and named as a date (06181. How should I maintain these folders if I want to continue updating the pictures at a later date. I am working on a band flyer/promo picture that I want to reuse and make changes with future dates.

I can't see having 100 extra folders hanging around with pictures that I already have.

If someone knows where I can read about how PhD creates these files, I would appreciate it.

thanks.

Hi,

By any chance do you have the copy to file option checked in the import screen?

I had this checked to make copies to OneDrive. The result was as you describe. Turning the checkbox off, stopped this behavior.

Regards

Phil
[Thumb - PD import.PNG]
 Filename
PD import.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Dalstar09 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2014 20:45 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
That appears to have fixed it!!! Thanks.