Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade out (mobile version)
Jumbo72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2018 09:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

I'm using the PowerDirector Mobile (Android).

I'm struggling to create a decent fade out on my video. There is no fade out on a clip option (as far as I can tell). I added a black image at the end, and created a fade transition to it. This almost works, but if you have a moving scene (as I do), then it freezes halfway through the transition to black.

Is there a more obvious way to resolve this? I'm pretty keen to purchase it to be honest, as it's a pretty impressive app (if a little pricey). But fading in and out cleanly is a must for my videos, so I'm hoping there's something obvious. Then I'll be parting with my "hard-earned" !!
[Post New]
So far PowerDirector Android supports cross type transition only...
Maybe one day there will be an option to switch to overlap type.
Jumbo72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe one day there will be an option to switch to overlap type.

Thank you King. I have to say (for me) this is a pretty basic requirement from a video editor. Perhaps if this was free, or cheap, I might live with it. But I'm loathe to pay £30 a year for an incomplete product.

Thank you for your help though. I shall go hunting for other editors!
Jumbo72 [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, never one to give up I soldiered on to see if there was a transition that gives me something acceptable.

And I found "Blur". Blur firstly fades out to black, then back in to the next video. By adding a black image at the end of the vid, and using the Blur transition, this produces something that at least doesn't look jittery. I did need to put the transition length up to 4 seconds, which basically means a 2 second fade out.

I guess this is the best I can hope for for now. If Cyberlink could simply add a "Fade Out/Fade In" transition, that would be a simple but mostly effective solution. It would mean a couple of seconds black video at the end. But I can chop that and re-render if necessary.

What would it take to get that added?
[Post New]
What would it take to get that added?

Overlap type transition takes one more video decoder, which is an issue if the SoC is not powerful enough, it may also affect PiP video capability at the same time (imagine you add multiple PiP videos)

If you are editing 4K videos, it will be even more limited.
chanzilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2016 21:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I agree. I love PowerDirector Mobile. Very capable, very effective, so it has bben a constant frustration that i can do practically anything, except fade out.
infoxicated [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Scotland Joined: May 31, 2019 03:51 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but this used to frustrate me as well until I realised I could just put a colour board on the layer above the video timeline, stretch that to fill the screen and that would fade in and out over the join in my clips. It's a much nicer fade transition than the one that's applied to the videos.

Hope that helps.
Kinioo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2020 06:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I agree. I love PowerDirector Mobile. Very capable, very effective, so it has bben a constant frustration that i can do practically anything, except fade out.

Yep, same here.

Really (disappointed) suprised that there is no fade in / out option for the video.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I am on an 8" Tab A, new to this app and I thought I was just not finding the fade in/out.
As of this post it is version 6.7.2 and I am very very surprised at this programming decsion. Seems it should be part of the UI.
EDIT
New to the app and still working thngs out. I see a fade in/out for pip and that is a workable imperfect solution.
Part of my issue is some of the functions are not supported on my tablet using a Snapdragon 429. Still discovering what I'm missing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 21:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT