Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Setting the frame rate in PowerDirector 16 or MyCam or PerfectCam
s2012e [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2018 12:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When using my webcam to make a video, is there a way to set the FPS to, say, 30 FPS in either PowerDirector 16 or MyCam or PerfectCam?
Thank you,
Steve
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can set your frame rate in Preferences at General.

Preferences is on the top of the user interface, it is the gear symbol. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

s2012e [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can set your frame rate in Preferences at General.

Preferences is on the top of the user interface, it is the gear symbol.

Thank you. Do you know if it can also be set in YouCam?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You did not give the information on which webcam, driver, and which version software you have. It is probably anyone’s guess as to what to do. It may be a limitation of the webcam and it’s driver. This solution worked for some but the result was too dark for another: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Slow-FPS-for-HP-TrueVision-HD-Webcam/td-p/807201 .
s2012e [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You did not give the information on which webcam, driver, and which version software you have. It is probably anyone’s guess as to what to do. It may be a limitation of the webcam and it’s driver. This solution worked for some but the result was too dark for another: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Slow-FPS-for-HP-TrueVision-HD-Webcam/td-p/807201 .

I have a 4 year-old Logitech Webcam c920, windows 7 64 bit, and power director 16 and YouCam, and a 24" external monitor -- with no internal webcam, and a lenovo ThinkPad with an internal webcam. I have selected the external logitech webcam.

I can set the FPS in Power Director but I don't think so in YouCam. Of note, however, is that the webcam image in PowerDirector is very different than the one in YouCam. In PowerDirector, my head is at the top of the screen. In YouCam, it is centered. I don't know why. In both cases, the resolution of the webcam image seems low, even if I set it to 1080 by ... in the software. I suspect that my WebCam may need to be replaced.

I will have to try out the settings suggested in the link above, however, the logitech software is not the friendliest to use. Perhaps I can find another webcam settings software package.

Thank you
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi s2012e -

I use a Logitech C920 too, but I'm not exactly sure what your question or issue is.

You've asked about setting the frame rate. The C920 records at 1080p/30fps (max). As Carl suggested, you can set the timeline frame rate in PDR's preferences. As far as I can tell, there's no way to change that in either the Logitech settings or in YouCam.

There are a number of ways you can use your webcam to record... directly through the Logitech app, via PDR's capture module or via YouCam. How do you do it? I may make a difference to the output.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
s2012e [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi s2012e -

I use a Logitech C920 too, but I'm not exactly sure what your question or issue is.

You've asked about setting the frame rate. The C920 records at 1080p/30fps (max). As Carl suggested, you can set the timeline frame rate in PDR's preferences. As far as I can tell, there's no way to change that in either the Logitech settings or in YouCam.

There are a number of ways you can use your webcam to record... directly through the Logitech app, via PDR's capture module or via YouCam. How do you do it? I may make a difference to the output.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you, this information helps a lot. My last question is that when I record in YouCam vs PowerDirector, the webcam image is quite different. In power director, my head is at the top of the screen. In youCam, it is in the middle, suggesting the these software packages can somehow "move" or "center" the image. Is there a way to center the image in power director?
Steve