Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ReInstall PowerDVD 8.3 Error: Please Install DirectX 9 or above BUT I'm running DirectX 12!
zealander1414 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2018 13:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows 7 laptop came with PowerDVD 8.3. I have the disk. The software has been working perfectly, even after upgrading to Windows 10. Well, I had to reinstall the Windows 10 upgrade and PowerDVD was erased. When I run the install disk, I get an error that says "Please install DirectX 9 or above before installing PowerDVD DX. Setup will abort". I ran dxdiag and confirmed I have DirectX 12 installed! How can I fix this and get PowerDVd reinstalled and working?

Thanks!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD 8.3 doesn't support Windows 10 or DirectX 12. It is too old, as it was released in 2008 or something. If you had PowerDVD installed when you ugraded Windows it may have worked, but wasn't fully compatible.

Dave