Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
true full screen
lefarvid [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2017 09:28 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I can't get the true full screen to work with UHD movies. Does anyone know if this is a supported feature?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

What does "true full screen" mean? How about providing exact details of your setup and what you are trying to do?

Dave
lefarvid [Avatar]
[Post New]
My system is an Intel I3-8100 on a ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac mb that was built specifically for UHD. UHD with HDR works great. 3D and this 21:9 support doesn't work for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=wyY2IJ1OdfY. Clicking on the same button as the one in this video does nothing.

My system is connected the the Sony VPL-VW285ES 4K projector.

I'm using PowerDVD 18 Live version. I ran the UHD Bluray Advisor and it shows 4K and 3D passing all requirements. 3D only plays as 2D. I've bought the Ultimate version each year since version 14 so this year I decided to go with the Live version. I know the 3D works great with another system with Radeon R7 graphics. I think there's a problem with 3D on the new UHD 630 graphics chip.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the info and making it clear.

Did you open the application manager launcher and get the latest patch update for PowerDVD 18 Live? The latest version is 1619.

A 3D compatibility issue has been reported and I heard that a patch was coming soon, so check the launcher for updates often, or come back to the forum as the mod posts it at the top telling you it is there.

For the crop to fill issue, I am not sure why it is not working for you. You say you are using a projector, but that is not what you are referring to right? You mean when playing on your PC or laptop monitor? "Crop to fill is for watching 2:35:1 Blu-ray movies on an ultra wide 21:9 monitor" (quote from help). It is not designed for a projection onto a wall.

Dave
lefarvid [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. I will need to login and check the version but I normally update when I see an update notification. I will look for the 3D patch. I didn't notice that the feature is for monitors with the 21:9 resolution ration. My projector resolution is set at UHD so it is not that aspect.