Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BEWARE: AudioDirector8 crashes/freezes on startup
Alevtina8606 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2017 11:00 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This is just to inform you guys that once I have updated my AD8 with the latest patch

- AudioDirector_8.0.2817.13124_GM4_R1_Patch_ADR171225-04

the program now is completely useless as once the main window opens it freezes and I have to do a forced application quit.

I have tried with several NVidia drivers, including those I consider failsafe.

Bad betatesting, Cyberlink!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot confirm. Works as expected.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Hello Alevtina8606,

After I installed the 2817 patch for ADR8, there were no ill-effects.

ADR ran as usual & without error, just as Hatti has reported.

Since the issue appears to be specific to your system, could I suggest an uninstall/reinstall? If you decide to update from your original installer build, it's only necessary to use the latest patch (unless you'd prefer to avoid the 2817 build & only apply the 2322 patch).

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Alevtina8606 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Alevtina8606,

After I installed the 2817 patch for ADR8, there were no ill-effects.

ADR ran as usual & without error, just as Hatti has reported.

Since the issue appears to be specific to your system, could I suggest an uninstall/reinstall? If you decide to update from your original installer build, it's only necessary to use the latest patch (unless you'd prefer to avoid the 2817 build & only apply the 2322 patch).

PIX

Me Smiles )))

"First thing of marketing is to make the client beleive that the issue he/she is expierencing is anomaly and only appears on his system"

Just remembered this citation )

Guys, I am so happy that FOR YOUR SPECIFIC SYSTEMS the newly issued patch is working.

That is not a fact for the others, as my case suggests.

I have tried till this time maybe over dozen of drivers and combinations, to no effect.

Once the main windows launches, it freezes.

2322 is working flwalessly.

Really, a good beta tester salary is saved from wasting and invested into cofee for the team ))
[Post New]
Hello again,

Please uinderstand that we are just users of the software, like you. All members can do is report how the software functions on their systems & try to replicate issues.

As far as I'm aware, no other users have reported issues with the 2817 patch for ADR8. Could you please shed some light on your statement?

If you haven't done so already, contact the CL Technical Support team. They may be able to provide you with the help you need.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Alevtina8606 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello again,

Please uinderstand that we are just users of the software, like you. All members can do is report how the software functions on their systems & try to replicate issues.

As far as I'm aware, no other users have reported issues with the 2817 patch for ADR8. Could you please shed some light on your statement?

If you haven't done so already, contact the CL Technical Support team. They may be able to provide you with the help you need.

PIX

)))

Well, the statement actually is

"the program is working or not, ALWAYS depends on specific system IF the program is poorly tested before release".

It all goes to probability. The normalized probability of the new patch to fail or not = 1.

Then, the fail ratio is: number of cases reporting fail divided by number of cases reporting success.

So far, since the patch was only recently released, we have:

1 report it fails (mine)
3 reports it does not fail

Which makes 4 in total and 1/(3+1) ratio, i.e. 25% of fails.

That means that so far, from the reports available, the patch fail rate is 25%.

A good beta testing is a screening procedure aiming to reduce fail rates below 1%, according to industry producing standards, before a product is published. Otherwise, costs of technical support will overcome the benefits of making a patch.

Thus, so far, from the data available so far, one might say that the quality of beta testing is poor )

When there will be another 27 success reports about the patch, then this rate will drop to 2.5% and still it will not be acceptable generally)

But I cannot see the reports,

thus, so far, and unless I see them,

"Whether the patch is working or not is ALWAYS system specific, and you are playing lottery with this patch".

This is the statement and I consider it is proved )

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 18. 2018 08:04