Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
why can i not import to power director a video i edited on power producer and savied on my computer
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2017 14:59 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
i cannot import to power director a video i made on power producer to power director nor can i upload it on youtube can anyone help me VINCENT SAVARINO
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i cannot import to power director a video i made on power producer to power director nor can i upload it on youtube can anyone help me

What format is the produced video ? Are you sure that you are trying to upload/import the video and not just the files used in the project? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

What format is the produced video ? Are you sure that you are trying to upload/import the video and not just the files used in the project?
I am not sure what you mean by format, wwhen I clicck on propertys it reads type of file PPP file (ppp) open with power director 15 which i just changed from power producer.I edited the video in power producer because I could never figure out how to use power director but you cant upload to youtube from power producer so i am tring to bringb it into power director.I tried to upload directly from you tube but the upload fails and i get a message that it is an incorrect file type Isee no mention anywhere of these ppp files in you tubes help section VINCENT SAVARINO
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not sure what you mean by format, wwhen I clicck on propertys it reads type of file PPP file (ppp) open with power director 15 which i just changed from power producer.I edited the video in power producer because I could never figure out how to use power director but you cant upload to youtube from power producer so i am tring to bringb it into power director.I tried to upload directly from you tube but the upload fails and i get a message that it is an incorrect file type Isee no mention anywhere of these ppp files in you tubes help section
I just tried to upload again and it says my video is not a supported file type VINCENT SAVARINO
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just tried to upload again and it says my video is not a supported file type
Okay I just changed what I open the video with from Power Producer (which I made it with) to power director 15. When i try open it in power director I got this message An error occured while opening this media it may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format or a protected video content try contacting you video provider for a different format c:\uservinni\videos\Anthonyshow.ppp that is the folder I have it in on my computer. Now whouldn't the video provider be cyberlink? Why can I open it on power producer and not power director? VINCENT SAVARINO
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect you are trying to open a project file rather than an actual produced video file. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I suspect you are trying to open a project file rather than an actual produced video file.
what is the difference? VINCENT SAVARINO
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
what is the difference?

Sort of trying to eat milk, yeast, and flower vs eating bread.

You must "cook" (render) that ppp project file to a video format that is acceptable to YouTube - mpg2 for instance. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The project file is just a notepad of instructions, it tells the program you are using what steps you have taken. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
vinnie@1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sort of trying to eat milk, yeast, and flower vs eating bread.

You must "cook" (render) that ppp project file to a video format that is acceptable to YouTube - mpg2 for instance.
how do I change the format? VINCENT SAVARINO
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
how do I change the format?

You edited the video on the timeline.
You saved the project in File, Save, Project As ...
In case you need to go back and do something else.
Now you must advance, Button Produce
Select H.264 AVC button
see the image See the image
[Thumb - produce.jpg]
 Filename
produce.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
303 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 29. 2019 10:45

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
@AVPlayVideo: VERY cool picture!

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
stevek
[Post New]
shell4art,

What are you trying to import -a video file or a project file? You can import a video file but not a project file.

? Can you start a new thread and fully explain what your question is? I can't tell from your posting.

Read this

I see you have already almost started doing the suggested.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2019 10:49