Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you remove a clip marker from the timeline?
Terry Lee Martin
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 11, 2018 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I'm able to remove all clip markers from the clip marker timeline, but right-clicking it and choosing to have it removed from the timeline is not working. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem? It turns yellow when you select it, and the option to remove it is active (not greyed out) but when you click to have it removed it just changes back to the active blue marker and doesn't get removed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2018 14:21

Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm able to remove all clip markers from the clip marker timeline, but right-clicking it and choosing to have it removed from the timeline is not working. Does anyone have a workaround for this problem? It turns yellow when you select it, and the option to remove it is active (not greyed out) but when you click to have it removed it just changes back to the active blue marker and doesn't get removed.

Are you running PD16? or an earlier version?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
It works for me as expected. Try to zoom in your timeline to the marker to remove.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]

Are you running PD16? or an earlier version?

Hi Alan, I'm using PD16 Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]
Quote It works for me as expected. Try to zoom in your timeline to the marker to remove.

Hatti

Hi Hatti, I tried, as you suggested, to zoom in on the timeline. I went to the maximum zoom in and tried the remove function, and it did the same thing. It changed to yellow when I selected it and after I clicked the remove marker option it just changed back to the blue color again.

I was able to remove it by using the "Ctrl T", keyboard shortcut, editing out that particular frame. So, I may have to just use this as my workaround. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]

Hi Alan, I'm using PD16

Strange - for me, like Hatti all works as expected - scratching head undecided
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I was able to remove it by using the "Ctrl T", keyboard shortcut, editing out that particular frame. So, I may have to just use this as my workaround.

For me it works perfectly, I was curious Ctrl + T here makes split the video

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2018 11:40

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]
I was able to remove it by using the "Ctrl T", keyboard shortcut, editing out that particular frame. So, I may have to just use this as my workaround.

For me it works perfectly, I was curious Ctrl + T here makes split the video

Yes, AVPlayVideo, Ctrl+T does, of course, split the video. I was only pointing out that the only way I'm able to remove the clip marker is to edit it out of the timeline. I use Ctrl+T one frame in front of the Clip marker, and Ctrl+T one frame after the clip marker, and then I can remove the frame which has the clip marker placed just above it. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, AVPlayVideo, Ctrl+T does, of course, split the video. I was only pointing out that the only way I'm able to remove the clip marker is to edit it out of the timeline. I use Ctrl+T one frame in front of the Clip marker, and Ctrl+T one frame after the clip marker, and then I can remove the frame which has the clip marker placed just above it.

Terry Lee Martin
Does it always happen?
Have you tried upgrading PD16?
Here it happens rarely, I delete a clip, drag another to the place of this and continue seeing what was deleted.
When this happens, save the project and come back to open, the error disappears. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]

Terry Lee Martin
Does it always happen?
Here it happens rarely, I delete a clip, drag another to the place of this and continue seeing what was deleted.
When this happens, save the project and come back to open, the error disappears.

AVPlayVideo, yes it consistently does it. I did check to see if there are any updates I should be downloading and installing. It said there are no updates available for Power Director 16. I did get a message outside of this posting. It stated this is a known bug. He offered a workaround, and there were a couple steps which confused me. I've sent him back a note asking for clarity. Hopefully he can help. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]

Terry Lee Martin
Does it always happen?
When this happens, save the project and come back to open, the error disappears.

AVPlayVideo -- I'm sure you are curious how the problem was resolved. A gentleman named Jeff, who obviously knows this software very well showed my a workaround. Here are the steps in case you see someone else with the same problem.

1. Select the clip under which the clip marker is placed.

2. Right-click the clip and select “Use Automatic Music Beat Detection”

3. A warning window may open up. If so just acknowledge it by clicking OK.

4. The Automatic Music Beat Detection window will open up.
5. Click the Clip Marker which appears in the timeline at the top of the window.
6. Click the "Delete" button which appears after you click the clip marker.
7. Click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the window.
8. This window will disappear and you will be back on the timeline of your project and the Clip Marker will be removed. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
Terry Lee Martin
[Post New]
Quote It works for me as expected. Try to zoom in your timeline to the marker to remove.

Hatti

Hatti, you've helped me several times in the past and I thought you might be curious how this problem was resolved.

A gentleman named Jeff, who obviously knows this software very well, showed me a workaround. Here are the steps in case you see someone else with the same problem.

5. Click the Clip Marker which appears in the timeline at the top of the window.
8. This window will disappear and you will be back on the timeline of your project and the Clip Marker will be removed. Complexity is primarily an illusion. It disappears with Knowledge.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
AVPlayVideo -- I'm sure you are curious how the problem was resolved. A gentleman named Jeff, who obviously knows this software very well showed my a workaround. Here are the steps in case you see someone else with the same problem.

8. This window will disappear and you will be back on the timeline of your project and the Clip Marker will be removed.

I do not know which one has more work, what you used before or this one shown by Jeff.
I use little, markers because they are fixed in the scale, do not accompany changes made in the timeline, it is common for me to drag on the side to realign with the material.
I wish your PD16 to repair, and do not need to have all work for a simple, remove marker XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

Hatti, you've helped me several times in the past and I thought you might be curious how this problem was resolved.

A gentleman named Jeff, who obviously knows this software very well, showed me a workaround. Here are the steps in case you see someone else with the same problem.

8. This window will disappear and you will be back on the timeline of your project and the Clip Marker will be removed.

I could replicate the problem. I made a music beat detection and added some clip markers manually and then, I saved the project and left powerdirector.
After loading the project again, the clip markers could not be deleted.
The workaround works exactly as described. Ironically after doing the workaround once, the other clip markers can be deleted manually as expected. Even calling the "Automatic music beat detection" and just click on "Apply" without changing anything brings back the function of deleting clipmarkers manually as expected...
So, it's definitly a bug, but with a workaround.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
AlanR47
[Post New]
Oh - thank you Hatti - I was having trouble getting my head around exactly what was happening, but your explanation precisely describes a situation I have never actually been in nor could even comprehend. But at least there's a workaround (another!) for the meantime.

Maybe one day we'll get an upgrade that will specifically sort all the workarounds instead of adding new bells and whistles of dubious benefit or desire (I wonder why AI came to mind???? laughing)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

This issue has been replicated and is in the CL system for investigation. Any solution will no doubt be incorporated into a new patch at the appropriate time.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do