Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12: Blu-Ray playback - Blocks and weird colors in dark scenes (Banding?)
Yog-Sothoth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

since a few days I have a problem with Blu-Ray playback with PowerDVD 12 on a Win7 system (with an AMD Radeon R9 200).

In dark scenes there's very annoying block building and a weird colors appear (for example in b&w movies it becomes purple)

Also, in lighter scenes there's sometimes a yellowish tint that shouldn't be there.

I didn't have this problem before and now it happens with all Blu-Ray discs I tested so far. And in another player (Leawo Blu-ray Player) I tested the discs, everything's fine.

What could I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Did you update your PowerDVD 12 to the latest version? A new patch update was released near the end of April:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

You should also update your graphics card, as that has a bigger affect on video image quality. Make sure you do that continually.

Dave
Yog-Sothoth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2018 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dave,

thanks for your answer.

I already checked the versions of PowerDVD ans my graphic card driver; both are up to date.

In the meantime I installed the trial version of PowerDVD 18, and it also works perfectly fine, just as PowerDVD 12 only a few days ago...