Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finished product not displaying the same product preview shows
keane decker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2016 16:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've been messing around in colordirector for hours and hours and hours editing clips. My goal is to make a singular object maintain color while everything else gets turned black and white. I'd been using selection mask (which produces perfectly fine) but the problem is it takes 100 times longer than using motion tracking and then editing selected areas where the motion tracker messed up. When I use motion tracker and edit selected areas the preview is perfect. It is exactly what I want. However, once I produce the video certain things will revert to what the motion capture picked up prior to my additional editing. What this is resulting in is janky black and white editing that is much different from what the preview is showing me. Is there a fix for this? Thank you o-o
[Post New]
Hello keane decker,

Agreed, that's a challenging task. Equally agreed, it's painstaking work manually adjusting masks for each frame of a video sequence. I have not been able to replicate your issue, where the produced video doesn't accurately show the adjustments made.

The fact that you posted days ago & I've not been able to respond till now is an indication of how painstaking it can be! CDR's Motion Tracker masking still leaves much to be desired.

As an example, I created a "fake" project specifically for this purpose. Using a green screen video (from YouTube) overlaid on a simple background, I set about the task of motion tracking the subject. I believed this would be a simple task for CDR, as the subject was distinctly different to the background video. More like an animation than a real-life video.

""""

Even though the video was only 24 seconds in duration, it took many many hours of frame-by-frame manipulation of the motion tracking mask.

Despite the pain of all that, the produced video did not exhibit the errors you experienced. I've included the produced video in this CDR6 packed project. I offer this project not as an examplar, but an example. Members can use it as they wish. If you open the project, in the Adjustment module under Motion Tracking mask, select the red mask and step through the clip frame by frame using > & < keys.

Regarding your particular issue, could you post screenshots showing the difference between your CDR preview and the produced video?

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2018 17:08

PIX YouTube channel
keane decker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2016 16:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello keane decker,

Agreed, that's a challenging task. Equally agreed, it's painstaking work manually adjusting masks for each frame of a video sequence. I have not been able to replicate your issue, where the produced video doesn't accurately show the adjustments made.

The fact that you posted days ago & I've not been able to respond till now is an indication of how painstaking it can be! CDR's Motion Tracker masking still leaves much to be desired.

As an example, I created a "fake" project specifically for this purpose. Using a green screen video (from YouTube) overlaid on a simple background, I set about the task of motion tracking the subject. I believed this would be a simple task for CDR, as the subject was distinctly different to the background video. More like an animation than a real-life video.

""""""""""

Even though the video was only 24 seconds in duration, it took many many hours of frame-by-frame manipulation of the motion tracking mask.

Despite the pain of all that, the produced video did not exhibit the errors you experienced. I've included the produced video in this CDR6 packed project. I offer this project not as an examplar, but an example. Members can use it as they wish. If you open the project, in the Adjustment module under Motion Tracking mask, select the red mask and step through the clip frame by frame using > & < keys.

Regarding your particular issue, could you post screenshots showing the difference between your CDR preview and the produced video?

PIX

Oh god I'm so sorry I got back to you so late. I only just now saw the email notification. Thank you so much for getting back it means a lot :]. As far as exact screenshot side by sides I don't have the full project saved anymore but I can show you a screenshot of the finished product and give you a description of the comparison. In the picture you can see that the green screen is supposed to be the only thing with color and that my body and background should be black and white. In the preview I manually went through and edited everything so it presented itself that way. However, when I went to produce it the result was pretty different. In certain areas that I manually edited the mask it would be the same but in others it would not be. I don't know if its some kind of frame difference between the video being imported and the software itself but its the only thing I can think of.https://imgur.com/a/IzfEPd7

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 15. 2018 10:49

[Post New]
Hello keane decker,

It's a shame you don't have the other project saved. That would have helped try to isolate the problem.

Could you please download the packed project I linked above. Open it in CDR & produce without any editing? Is the result as you expected, or is it significanly different from the preview in CDR?

PIX PIX YouTube channel