Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2go will no longer rip CDs
Photoman777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 04:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a windows 10 machine with the latest version installed. When ripping begins I now get an error message to say ripping has stopped. Any solutions would be helpful.
Photoman777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have a windows 10 machine with the latest version installed. When ripping begins I now get an error message to say ripping has stopped. Any solutions would be helpful.

I should have said I'm using Version 9 of P2G and latest version of windows
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Photoman777:

I am guessing that there is probably some incompatability between P2G9 and the latest build of Windows 10 (1803). P2G is up to Version 12 now. When I upgraded to Windows 10 almost two years ago, I had to update a lot of my Cyberlink software because it was not compatible with Windows 10. P2G9 is getting long in the tooth, I am guessing about three years old now ...

It also might be an issue with the optical drive itself. Can you burn files using Windows 10 to optical media (CD, DVD)? If so, then the drive is not at fault. Cyberlink does have a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you were to upgrade to P2G12 and it did not resolve your problems, you could uninstall the product and request a refund.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Photoman777 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Photoman777:

I am guessing that there is probably some incompatability between P2G9 and the latest build of Windows 10 (1803). P2G is up to Version 12 now. When I upgraded to Windows 10 almost two years ago, I had to update a lot of my Cyberlink software because it was not compatible with Windows 10. P2G9 is getting long in the tooth, I am guessing about three years old now ...

It also might be an issue with the optical drive itself. Can you burn files using Windows 10 to optical media (CD, DVD)? If so, then the drive is not at fault. Cyberlink does have a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you were to upgrade to P2G12 and it did not resolve your problems, you could uninstall the product and request a refund.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Um! Thanks for your help. Just discovered that Windows media player rips CDs with no issues. I'm beginning to think it might not be worth upgrading P2G - shame because I really liked it when it worked!

Regards
Steveweb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2020 12:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I realize this is very late in coming but I just discovered that Power2Go v 9 has a free update that resolved the rip CD issue you were dicussing. After getting the rip error I spotted the "Up" arrow on the rip panel and it showed me I could upgrade to a newer version (13 just came out) but I could also UPDATE my current software. It worked like a charm and I was ripping within just a few minutes. I must say it seems out of character for Cyberlink to be so generous since it seems like every time I turn around they are pushing a new something or version or renamed package for some few more $$! laughing But at any rate...

Cheers,
Steveweb
Tranquille [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2021 18:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a MSI laptop (1 y.o.) and an ASSUS CD burner.
In December I purchased a copy of P2Go because I wanted something with more burning functions than iTunes.
I have installed and uninstalled the damn program FIVE times. Impossible to get the program to burn
cd's. It just saves a copy of my music onto my SSD and stops there.
I've contacted cyberlink twice and they gave me the run around. Their answers to my problem were about
as useless as an as....e on the back of my left hand. The funniest thing they told me (well kinda) was to update
the driver of my graphics card?!?!?!? What a bunch of mutts!
My third letter was a complaint. I told them I had made a huge mistake trusting them and a bigger wate of money.

Stephan T.
Kew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2021 19:05