Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip Transition: Clip 1 becomes smaller towards upper right corner, clip 2 appears behind
Beauregard22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2018 02:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I would like to make a transition between two clips, where clip 1 slowly becomes smaller towards upper right corner and behind clip 2 becomes visible.
The transition should be slow and nice movement.

Is there a way to do this? if yes, how?

thanks!
 Filename
Clip to clip transition.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi
I would like to make a transition between two clips, where clip 1 slowly becomes smaller towards upper right corner and behind clip 2 becomes visible.

thanks!

Look into keyframes. That will achieve what you want

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2018 22:56

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi

thanks!

Clip 2 on track 1
Clip 1 on track 2
Select clip 1
Keyframe button, open editor
Check position 0 (full screen)
End efect position, adjust the frame to the desired size and position.
Adjustment can be done directly on the preview screen
See video

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2018 16:25

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Beauregard22 -

The demonstration AVPlayVideo (nice demo AV) made is a good way to do what you're after, with the two clips overlapping on separate tracks. That way, the clip being revealed is already in place. If not, you'd have sections of blank screen.

Geez I wish Ease In/Out could get some attention! See what happened to the motion in AVPlayVideo's example after Ease In/Out was applied?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Ease out needs to be left out to match what is shown in the OP attached pdf file. Ease in doesn't hurt but can be left out too.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It appears that scaling occurs first before position movement in PlaySound’s demo. The video shrinks before moving to the top right.

Both Ease in and Ease out can be used and it can be made to work properly with Playsound’s tutorial video. Here is how to do it.

Ease in/out works with position movement. There is no Ease in/out for scaling. Add a keyframe to the scaling about 2.5 seconds to the right of the second scaling key frame and duplicate the previous keyframe. You want to start the scaling only after the ease out portion of about 2.5 seconds is started and finished. Works and looks a lot better now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2018 22:37

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tomas -

We may well be saying the same thing here, but I'm not sure.

There are Ease Out/In options for Position, Scale & Rotation. See attached screenshot. Do you mean none were applied for scale in AVPlayVideo's demonstration?

I haven't come up with a one-rule-fits-all answer yet (to avoiding the wibble wobble motion), but if you apply the same "ease" to both position & scale keyframes, it seems to turn out right.

Here's a cut down version of the project for the examples above, if you want to check it out.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Ease Position Scale Rotation.png]
 Filename
Ease Position Scale Rotation.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1496 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
tomasc thanks for your comments and corrections
Hi Ynotfish, very good your video demo clarified well, function Ease In / Out.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 03. 2018 11:54

Beauregard22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2018 02:39 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot for all your answers! That's great. I will check it out and try to apply on my clips