Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Direct all files to the same folder in Batch Produce PD 12
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
I've been away from this program and forum for more than two years because of some health issues, and I recently started back to editing some files with it. I initially upgraded to PD 16, but it was so sluggish on my ancient Windows 7 Laptop (Intel i7 4800 MQ CPU 270 GHz with 16 GB RAM) that I went back to PD 12. I never used the Batch Produce before and I'm just getting familiar with it, but one thing has me stymied. I can't seem to figure out how to set the program so that all files I'm converting are directed to the same folder. I have to set each file individually. I can speed up the process using copy & paste for each file, but there must be a way to set the app to direct them all to the same place. At least I hope so. Anyone know?

Thanks. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Here iw what you do.

1. Click on the gear at the top of the screen. This takes you to the settings screen

2. Then click on the file section on the left.

3. You should see an "Export Folder" option under your Default Locations section.

4. Set this to the drive and file location you want.

5. Then click on OK at the bottom

When you load files into your batch produce tool, they will default to export in this directory.

--Jim

Here is a source of PD tutorials that were not available in the past.
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here iw what you do.

1. Click on the gear at the top of the screen. This takes you to the settings screen

2. Then click on the file section on the left.

3. You should see an "Export Folder" option under your Default Locations section.

4. Set this to the drive and file location you want.

5. Then click on OK at the bottom

When you load files into your batch produce tool, they will default to export in this directory.

--Jim

Here is a source of PD tutorials that were not available in the past.

Thanks very much for those clear and concise instructions, which were very easy for me to follow, which isn't always the case. Solved my problem completely and will save me numerous mouse clicks and mistakes trying to individually direct 10 or 15 files to my desired location. Thanks also for the tutorials, which I expect to come in handy in the future.

Cheers,

BR Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Glad this worked for you.

--Jim