Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chroma Key Question
keane decker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2016 16:37 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
So I have an interseting situation. I have a scene that I want to make like an old school dective movie (black and white with noire music). However I have a green screen that I'm using to chroma key in the scene for something that is in full color. Unforutnately though if I chroma key the greenscreen and then add in the white and black color preset it completely gets rid of the chroma key (because its still set to the green). I can change it to chroma the green screen, that is basically white at this point, however it looks awful and chroma's some of the background as well. Is there a way I can still apply the chroma to the greenscreen while turning it black and white. That way I can have black and white background and color coming from the greenscreen.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So I have an interseting situation. I have a scene that I want to make like an old school dective movie (black and white with noire music). However I have a green screen that I'm using to chroma key in the scene for something that is in full color. Unforutnately though if I chroma key the greenscreen and then add in the white and black color preset it completely gets rid of the chroma key (because its still set to the green). I can change it to chroma the green screen, that is basically white at this point, however it looks awful and chroma's some of the background as well. Is there a way I can still apply the chroma to the greenscreen while turning it black and white. That way I can have black and white background and color coming from the greenscreen.

What if you compile it color then load it back and then apply the black and white. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
If I understand you correctly, the end product is B&W.This tutorial might help. As mentioned, you do this last.

Here is a listing of other tutorials.

Jim
keane decker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If I understand you correctly, the end product is B&W.This tutorial might help. As mentioned, you do this last.

Here is a listing of other tutorials.

Jim

In a way, yes, the end product is black and white. However I need the green screen to remain its normal green while everything else is black and white. Therefore I can chroma key it out and put an video (in color) in place of where the green screen is.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You need to go ahead and produce that green screen section of video with range produce first and then place it back on the timeline to continue your editing. That is also what PoweDirector Tutorials suggested earlier. This will solve your problem.
keane decker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You need to go ahead and produce that green screen section of video with range produce first and then place it back on the timeline to continue your editing. That is also what PoweDirector Tutorials suggested earlier. This will solve your problem.

Ohhhhh so sorry I didn't pick that up. That is brilliant. Thank you <3