Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to move a project to a different drive/directory
kosimek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2017 18:08 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I have moved some of my projects to another drive because of space problems.
Unfortunately, when I load he project it looks for the files in the old location and I appear to have to manually, one at a time, browse for each and every video/image in the new location.

First of all I would have expected PD to use a relative rather than a hardcoded location. E.g. I have a folder named c:/Movie1 and all my files are in there, including the pds file and I move that folder to my d: drive. In a perfect world, when I open de pds file in d:/Movie1 it should look in that folder and subfolders to find the files it needs, not keep looking at the c: drive.

I am sure there must be a way (I sure hope there is!) to tell it to look in the d:/Movie1 folder, but I cannot find anything related to moving projects/files in the manual and not on the forum. Searching for "moving a project" on the forum gets me nothing useful.
Even Youtube lets me down and what I did find seems to reinforce my fear of having to manually pointing them to the new location, one at the time.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated because I am not about to spend hours manually reassigning the location of each video and image.

Thanks

PS. If PD would at least show just the file name (no path) on the items it cannot find rather than just making it a black box with zero information for an image and displaying 0,0,0 for a video clip it can't find, at least I could just drag and drop the proper files in place. (When I click a black/unresolved image, the View Properties option is greyed out)

Are the Cyberlink developers listening?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 26. 2018 23:04

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Read or do a search for creating a packed project.

In the past I find that I only need to browse to the new location of the first file and everything else is found. Never spent hours browsing. You may have to if your assets are scattered in different drives and different locations.
kosimek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2017 18:08 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Read or do a search for creating a packed project.

In the past I find that I only need to browse to the new location of the first file and everything else is found. Never spent hours browsing. You may have to if your assets are scattered in different drives and different locations.

They are in the same folder but in separate subfolders for music, images, videos and other items, I don't consider that "scattered" but I did the first project and it took me close to 2 hours. It kept asking for the location of images/videos when I had already indicated that other "missing" files were in the same subfolder. Did not seem to make much, if any, of a difference. It just kept asking.

Would be so much easier if it would use a path relative to the location of the pds file I am working on, or as I suggested earlier, at least show in the timeline the file names, without the path, of the ones it could not find.