Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Suggestion] "Express Mode" or "Quick Edit" or Similar, for quick 'paste-edit-save'
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
If I may make a Suggestion, many times users just want to:

• Paste From Clipboard

• Add Some Effects

• Save (export) to a graphic file

With the way PhotoDirector currently operates, this is impossible.

New Projects (created by clicking on FILE, which takes a long time to respond?) creates new Directories and saves everything in them - which is GREAT and useful for returning to Projects and continuing them, backing them up and much more - however, all of this takes time in PhotoDirector...

If there was an "Express Mode" or "Quick Edit" process, where users can simply open PhotoDirector, Paste, Add a couple Overlays and Save - this would be a great asset to PHD and open the market up a bit more, where users currently have to utilize different programs for this.

(I personally use another software for importing the clipboard and saving it, not using PhotoDirector unless I want to take the time to Edit/Create larger projects)

I tried going to Create or Layers but none of these locations have a simple "import from Clipboard/Paste" function.

It would be nice to have PhotoDirector become the 'capable of everything' "go to" program for all editing needs!
At this time however, it is too unwieldy for simple, fast editing and saving...

Just a Suggestion - I am loving PhotoDirector so far!
[Post New]
Hello Tesityr,

Welcome to the PhD forum laughing

I'm aware that some companies (CyberLink competitors) are doing this, but generally as separate apps.

You may or may not know that PhotoDirector Mobile can run on PC or Mac & would almost certainly meet your "quick edit" needs.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Tesityr,

Welcome to the PhD forum laughing

I'm aware that some companies (CyberLink competitors) are doing this, but generally as separate apps.

You may or may not know that PhotoDirector Mobile can run on PC or Mac & would almost certainly meet your "quick edit" needs.

PIX

Thank you - what, really? Wow, that'd be great!

I never thought of that at all because I see "mobile" and I assume 'phones/tablets'...

I do like PhotoDirector a lot, it is quite powerful; I was merely looking for something for small/quick jobs. This might be it!

Thanks again! cool
Tesityr
[Post New]
If I may pop back in, would "PhotoDirector Essential" perform these functions easily? Or is it just a Time Demo?

Found at:
https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product/free-zone/enu/free-software-static.jsp
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Have an own look at your URL.
The Essential version is just a somewhat crippled version with most of the functions as a 30 day demo.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
Oh! I'd forgotten about PhD9 Essential.

I suppose it would indeed meet most basic requirements for quick edits.

Basic global adjustments & presets, crop & red eye removal, watermarks, slideshows, export options, RAW & high DPI support, There's a cut-down list of features that apply after the 30-day trial attached.

Please note, this is quite a different app to PhD Mobile which has a number of extra features.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD9 Essential-30.jpg]
 Filename
PhD9 Essential-30.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
286 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote Have an own look at your URL.
The Essential version is just a somewhat crippled version with most of the functions as a 30 day demo.

Hatti

Thanks but I was wondering more about the built-in features of it, if it could be utilized as a simple 'crop/save' sort of program, when needed.

Thank you for your warning, though
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote Oh! I'd forgotten about PhD9 Essential.

I suppose it would indeed meet most basic requirements for quick edits.

Basic global adjustments & presets, crop & red eye removal, watermarks, slideshows, export options, RAW & high DPI support, There's a cut-down list of features that apply after the 30-day trial attached.

Please note, this is quite a different app to PhD Mobile which has a number of extra features.

PIX

Ah, I see - thank you for all the effort you put into that - very helpful.

I might try it! Becoming a fan of CL's programs, even if this can just do some crop/save level functions, I'll be able to at least use it and 'stay in the family' heh (at least until I try PhotoDirector Mobile)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2018 15:43

Tesityr
[Post New]
Update:

If I may pop back in with an Update, I tried to install the PhotoDirector Essentials, intending on installing it to a different partition, so as not to conflict with the PhotoDirector Ultra I purchased and installed already - and a message came up stating that continuing would UNINSTALL the PhD9 and then Install the PhD Essentialls... Needless to say I cancelled it, for now.

Just adding this in case it might help others - it seems you cannot have both installed on the same system (potential conflicts, etc).

Thanks again for all the help!