Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframing on text
[Post New]
I have a question or suggestion about the method to keyframe text. Why not in the keyframe box ?

To keyframe a text box, it must be done in its own keyframe window beneath the screen area. This keyframe area is tight, and more difficult to operate.

All other items that are keyframed are done so in the much larger keyframe window. Why cannot text keyframing be added to this larger keyframe window ?

Thanks for listening.

Clark
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a question or suggestion about the method to keyframe text. Why not in the keyframe box ?

To keyframe a text box, it must be done in its own keyframe window beneath the screen area. This keyframe area is tight, and more difficult to operate.

All other items that are keyframed are done so in the much larger keyframe window. Why cannot text keyframing be added to this larger keyframe window ?

Thanks for listening.

Clark

How much more room do you need? Why do you find a keyframe area this size tight?
[Thumb - textsize.jpg]
 Filename
textsize.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
231 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]

How much more room do you need? Why do you find a keyframe area this size tight?

I do not feel that I need to explain why. I stated a reason. I believe that this text keyframe area IS tight, and is not at all intuitive, compared to other properties that are key-framed.

Again, why not all in the same large keyframe window ? That is very logical and very intuitive ...
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

I do not feel that I need to explain why. I stated a reason. I believe that this text keyframe area IS tight, and is not at all intuitive, compared to other properties that are key-framed.

Again, why not all in the same large keyframe window ? That is very logical and very intuitive ...

Have you tried NewBlue Titler? If you turn Keyframing on, I think its more user friendly Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Russell1967
Senior Member Location: Kissimmee, Fl USA Joined: Aug 10, 2013 23:35 Messages: 165 Offline
[Post New]

Have you tried NewBlue Titler? If you turn Keyframing on, I think its more user friendly

One downside to NewBlue Titler is that, unbelievably, you don't actually see what is behind your text in the time line. You only see the text you're creating. I found this really odd. It's not as integreated into the UI as well as it could have been. It is, however, quite powerful in what can be accomplished.

Russell1967
Screen shot of NewBlue Titler
(Screen shot attachment doesn't seem to work...)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 20. 2018 13:07

System specs: Windows 7 Professional x64; Gigabyte Z77-DS3H motherboard with i5-3579K 3.8Ghz processor with 32GB RAM; Zotac GTX 760 w/4GB; 1xWestern Digital 1TB 10,000RPM HD; 1x Samsung 840 Pro SSD System Drive
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Clark -

I'm not sure what you mean. Is your question related to the way the keyframe area in Title Designer can be expanded or closed? That's because you can use multiple tracks.

There's a title template attached with three tracks, all keyframed. In making it, I didn't feel crowded or restricted in any way. You can also grab it from DirectorZone.

There's also attached a screenshot of the Title Designer workspace, with the keyframe areas expanded.

To me, aside from the expansion feature, it's no different from PiP Designer in ease of use... but it's possible I've not understood your point correctly.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Russell - the forum is a bit hit & miss with attachments. Sometimes it takes a number of attempts. Sometimes it just refuses to do what it's told.
[Thumb - PDR Title Designer Keyframes.png]
 Filename
PDR Title Designer Keyframes.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
125 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
 Filename
Keyframed Text x3.dzt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
312 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]

It is just a different concept of use.

Cyberlink does "things" like Titles, Corrections and so on in "Designers". If you use a designer, the changes are made there, so if the adjustments shall change depending on time, the resulting keyframes have to be created in the designer itself.
In my view, there are two solutions:

1. No designer. Do the things not in a dedicated designer, but in the main window. Then every adjustment would already be in the main window and could be "keyframed" there. Hopefully, Cyberlink will do more things in the main window instead of a designer.

2. Provide adjustments to the main window. The keyframes can be set for adjustments, that were made in a designer. That has been done for many adjustments of the PiP Designer.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
[Post New]
I do appreciate all the replies. But still stick with my opinion. But I will stop now.

I like the way that the Keyframe window opens up in a large window and automatically resizes the video window down.

Thanks again.