Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD key failed installation
Ho Leung [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2018 01:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Just want to let all users know what I am dealing with CyberLink!

I purchased PowerDvD 9 upgrade, PowerDvD 13 and PowerDvD 15 over the past years since 2009.

PowerDvD 9 and 15 were purchase directly from Cyberlink so there are records of purchase.

PowerDvD 13 was purchased from a retailer years ago. Recently when I do a re-installation due to system instability, the key failed to install due to exceeding max. number of installation.

I contacted Cyberlink and they asked me to show them purchase receipt and installation disk. I explained to them I lost all I could not locate them. I always keep software purchased on an external disk for efficient re-installation.

After much explanation CyberLink still wouldn't re-activate my key.

I only use licensed software and Cyberlink has records of 2 of my purchases of different versions of PowerDvD. The PowerDvD 13 was purchased from retail and after all these effort they still don't believe I am a legitimate owner of the software. I paid for the key but it no longer work now!!!

CyberLink choose to ignore my explanation and I am very disappointed the way they treated a loyal user.

This has forced me to look for alternatives and there are a lot of good ones out in the market that I am willing to invest now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2018 22:01

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

First thing...if you can't provide a proof of purchase for PowerDVD 13, you can't complain that you can't get the key updated. This is normal for every software company. Every company actually. No one gives away their product based on an "explanation" of "I lost it".

Second, if you bought PowerDVD 15, what is the problem? Why not use the more recent version?

Dave