Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What are the best settings to use
will_s [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2015 05:43 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]
I use geforce experience ( its working again ) to capture my Race Simulation ( iRacing ) and post on youtube . Screen is 2560x1440 and Geforce captures at 60fps and I have set PD16 at 60 fps.

Now when I come to produce the movie I am not sure what are the best settings to use ? Am using H.265 HEVC with file exrension MP4 and mpeg 4 1920x1080 / 25p ( 11Mbps).

So what are the best settings to use ? Have a good system so its not that long to produce ( render )
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use geforce experience ( its working again ) to capture my Race Simulation ( iRacing ) and post on youtube . Screen is 2560x1440 and Geforce captures at 60fps and I have set PD16 at 60 fps.

Now when I come to produce the movie I am not sure what are the best settings to use ? Am using H.265 HEVC with file exrension MP4 and mpeg 4 1920x1080 / 25p ( 11Mbps).

So what are the best settings to use ? Have a good system so its not that long to produce ( render )

My opinion if you want to keep the quality of the capture.
In Produce use Inteligentte SVRT if possible and work 100%.
Youtube accepts 60p although it will reduce bit rate, this one of the image but smooth for movements.
If you want to reduce file size, then use 30P since the capture was 60P bit rate recommended by Youtube is 15 Mbps. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

My opinion if you want to keep the quality of the capture.
In Produce use Inteligentte SVRT if possible and work 100%.
Youtube accepts 60p although it will reduce bit rate, this one of the image but smooth for movements.
If you want to reduce file size, then use 30P since the capture was 60P bit rate recommended by Youtube is 15 Mbps.

not sure what intelligentte SVRT does ? it shows up the top

as for file size, not a problem as most clips I do are only a lap of a race track
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
not sure what intelligentte SVRT does ?

SVRT analyzes the video and tries to find a compatible profile, if it finds it will select it for your query.
I accept SVRT will only render the video where you need it.
Example: a video in which only trimmed the beginning and end, there will be rendering of only a few seconds at the beginning and end everything else just copied

By the way I saw that you do screen capture with CyberLink Screen Recorder,
By default it saves the video in WMV,
I think SVRT does not support this format.
You can configure it to save in MP4 this works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2018 22:59

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
not sure what intelligentte SVRT does ?

SVRT analyzes the video and tries to find a compatible profile, if it finds it will select it for your query.
I accept SVRT will only render the video where you need it.
Example: a video in which only trimmed the beginning and end, there will be rendering of only a few seconds at the beginning and end everything else just copied

By the way I saw that you do screen capture with CyberLink Screen Recorder,
By default it saves the video in WMV,
I think SVRT does not support this format.
You can configure it to save in MP4 this works.

ok....thats why I got the error when i tried to use it

and as shadowplay from the geforce expeience stopped working again after I reinstalled PD16 I will be using Screen Recorder, not as easy to use but it works and does a fair job of what I want.

thankyou
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]
for some strange reason when I now come to render it takes no time and no time to post in youtube because nothing is there, tried 3 times and rendering was complete as soon as I selected my options in online and pressed start...like you said most probaley rendering not required but nothing uploads to youtube

verystange............ ended up going back to wmv and it now works......Idont think I will play with it anymore., quality is ok and time is not that bad ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2018 00:11

AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Quote for some strange reason when I now come to render it takes no time and no time to post in youtube because nothing is there, tried 3 times and rendering was complete as soon as I selected my options in online and pressed start...like you said most probaley rendering not required but nothing uploads to youtube

verystange............ ended up going back to wmv and it now works......Idont think I will play with it anymore., quality is ok and time is not that bad ...

The way I do it, produce the file in MP4
Then I uploaded it directly to my YouTube channel
This leaves PD16 free for other jobs, while sending the video to Youtube this usually takes time.
See more about Recommended Send Encryption Settings
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=pt-BR XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
will_s [Avatar]
[Post New]

The way I do it, produce the file in MP4
Then I uploaded it directly to my YouTube channel
This leaves PD16 free for other jobs, while sending the video to Youtube this usually takes time.
See more about Recommended Send Encryption Settings
[url=https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=pt-BR
]https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=pt-BR
[/url]

I play around and edit them and was happy

Now its strange.....made a youtube out of the first part of the clip and it went up ok

I then made a clip of latter on and it rendered straight away which means it did nothing and nothing ended up on youtube. So I closed PD16 and opened and tried again. Same thing.............its didnt render

I think all these errors have happened since the last major Windows 10 update