Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In's and out's of AudioDirector 7?
noface60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2017 05:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello I'd like to become more accustomed to using this program. There don't seem to be many tutorials on it. The one's I DO find don't seem to be very informitive showing only a singular way of doing things without explaining what the purpose if it is.

Could someone give me some quick tips on how to improve and regulate my audio? Without the lows being too low, the high's being too high, and peaking being at the minimum? I could use all the help I could get!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
It's almost impossible to give you some hints to "improve and regulate" your audio.
Why? Nobody knows your audio. Is it Music? Techno? Classic? Selfmade? Copied from a CD? Or a trumpet, recorded with the laptop inbuilt microphones?
Or maybe it is your voice? Bright and clear? Or "Whiskey-sounded"?
And as you asked the question: You don't know either.
So the answer is easy. There are very few tips for all audio:

• denoise it.

• descratch it.

• deess/depop it (better: avoid it by using pop shield)

• reduce wind sound during record (using wind shield)

Especially for voice:
It sounds better, if the basses are slightly pushed and the heights are slightly pushed. But that depends on your voice.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
noface60 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2017 05:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's almost impossible to give you some hints to "improve and regulate" your audio.
Why? Nobody knows your audio. Is it Music? Techno? Classic? Selfmade? Copied from a CD? Or a trumpet, recorded with the laptop inbuilt microphones?
Or maybe it is your voice? Bright and clear? Or "Whiskey-sounded"?
And as you asked the question: You don't know either.
So the answer is easy. There are very few tips for all audio:

• denoise it.

• descratch it.

• deess/depop it (better: avoid it by using pop shield)

• reduce wind sound during record (using wind shield)

Especially for voice:
It sounds better, if the basses are slightly pushed and the heights are slightly pushed. But that depends on your voice.

Hatti

Ok then let me be a little more clear and concise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQ4QZ_CGE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRs22hdxNGc&t=782s

Commentary amongst multiple people. I've tried some compression methods, and equalization to make voices sound more warm. However I feel as though when someone is quiet it tends to be REALLY quiet, and there feels like there's some inconsitency with general pitch and tone. I simply want to figure out a way to make my audio and voice work crisp, clear, consistent, and easy to make out, and parts that are low not becoming too low that they're unintelligable, without overcompressing. Can you actually help with this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2018 11:34

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I cannot see the problem. The voice of the first video is clear and there is absolutely nothing that I would change. The background music, ok, hmm, what shall I say. It is, yes, it's some kind of music. If you know, what I mean smile But also clear and good quality.
In the second video there are four people talking, very authentic, I don't know, who you are and I don't see, what to make better.
I don't know, with what program you are recording game and voice. But if that program can handle VST plugins in realtime, have a look at the youtube searching machine of "pedalboard 2". There are described kinds of VST "cascades" for pushing audio in realtime. I use it to be able to record voice without the need of working on it later.
For further ideas, sorry, I am not the right man, I am no audio professional.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080