Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Version 18 immediately crashes with carried-over settings -- had to destroy and regenerate settings
lgmayka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2014 09:51 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
When I initially installed PowerDVD 18 Ultra, I told the installer to carry over my settings from version 17. As a result, version 18 immediately crashed every time I tried to start it up.

I had to uninstall version 18, specifying to remove settings as well, then reinstall it. Now it runs, although it still has a couple of catastrophic bugs (see other threads).
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.

It doesn't. No one gets the same results you do, so what does that mean? It is more likely an issue with your specific computer.

From what I saw in both your other threads, it really sounds like you need to update your drivers. Those are telltale signs that they are out of date, since PowerDVD 18 is running all the latest codecs, etc.

If that fails to work, try contacting technical support so they can figure out what is wrong. You should also provide you DXDiag file.

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I initially installed PowerDVD 18 Ultra, I told the installer to carry over my settings from version 17. As a result, version 18 immediately crashed every time I tried to start it up.

I had to uninstall version 18, specifying to remove settings as well, then reinstall it. Now it runs, although it still has a couple of catastrophic bugs (see other threads).

How about contact cyberlink support for your current symptoms, or you are just looking for help from forum users?
lgmayka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2014 09:51 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Chuckle. I have the latest Windows version, drivers, etc. The very fact that version 17 works OK shows that the problem is version 18, not my computer.

I contacted Cyberlink Support. They simply asked for a lot more information, as if no one else had ever encountered any of these problems before. I don't believe that; and even if it were true, it would simply mean that this version is a lot more trouble to me than it's worth.

The simplest explanation for all this grief is that Cyberlink does not really support 3D anymore.

I asked for and have been promised a refund, and reverted to version 17. I won't be buying from Cyberlink again.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 25. 2018 06:49

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You're ridiculous and your lack of understanding of technology is obvious, not to mention your flawed logic. It is an issue with your computer, most likely Windows and how it is dealing with the updated technology in version 18. Thinking that customer support would lie to you privately that no one else has experienced the same issue illustrates the colour of the sky it your world.

Go ahead and take advantage of the 30 money back guarantee. It is obvious you are posting about every little problem with your computer to get much needed attention. Later

David
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Dear All,

User is receiving his 30 day requested refund because he is not satisfied with PowerDVD 18 on his computer. Thread closed as nothing more to add.

If you face a similar issue please start a new thread and contact technical support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup