Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making a 3D film
andyyoung [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2009 11:35 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Is is possible to make a 3D film with PD7? I know I need 2 cameras about 3-8 inches apart. Then I need to make one video with adlue tinge and the other one with a red tinge. then put them on the same timeline and render. Is this possible with this software.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Its possible with any video software which has PIP tracks.
Take the video for the green channel (unless you already taped it using a green filter) and remove the green by doing a chroma key PIP using a pure green color board as the eye dropper color.

Do same for the red channel using a pure red color board as the chroma key eye dropper color.

Save and publish the two videos and then re-combine them as a single video with two side by side PIPs with a small vertical gap between them
like this http://www.videocentricity.net/video/3DTest.wmv

View the video with red/sgreen glasses and there will be a fair 3D video

If you filmed it with a red and a green filter on the camera lenses then you wont need to do the first stage.

Ideally you want electronic goggles like IMAX If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem