Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
48 hours after buying PD8 still no way to download
[Post New]
Bought PD8 48 hours ago, got confirmation and serial number by email. So far so good.
Also got a DL link to PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe.
After executing this exe I am getting an error message from Digital River Download manager saying: The server returned an error response: 403 = Forbidden Aborting.

Anybody any idea as to how to download my copy of PD8 please???
Also, why is that download link named PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe? This sounds like a link to a content pack rather than to the PD8 install file.

Q6600-2.4ghz-4gb - GF8800GTS-512mb - Win 7-64
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
See the several other threads on this - contact Cyberlink support and they will sort you out pretty quickly.

You can enter the serial number in the demo version if you want. It's the content pack that you are chiefly needing.
TW Tan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Singapore Joined: Aug 06, 2009 21:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
You are not alone, I also recieve the same error message. I have read the other threads and submitted help email to the Cyberlink support, but I have yet to recieve any replies from them. And mine was purchased on 6th August. It is very fustrating.
[Post New]
I already filed a support ticket before my first post in this thread.
I received a confirmation on Monday morning saying:
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.
We are handling your question and will reply to you shortly.
It's now Wednesday morning here, so 48 hours after the confirmation and still nothing......
Quite a bit of a disappointing first experience with PD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2009 03:04

TW Tan [Avatar]
[Post New]
At least you got a reply. I got nothing... no replies what so ever. Hopefully they do not make me wait beyond the 30 days for me to to download the program, else I got to ask for my money back.

Before buying PD8, I downloaded the trial version and liked it. Was so excited to buy the full product to start working on my videos, and guess what? Download error. This is the last thing I would expect from a company selling products via the internet.
[Post New]
I also downloaded the trial before I ordered the product.
I got a serial and entered that in the trial, (I already did that prior to your much appreciated suggestion Peter ) so I have a working install of which I think it is complete and isn't missing anything.
Nevertheless, and even if the trial and the released version are identical, I feel like I should get a formal link from Cyberlink/Digital River to a download page and be able to DL a complete released version including the additional content pack.

BTW I wonder if any Cyberlink guy ever shows up on this forum. Q6600-2.4ghz-4gb - GF8800GTS-512mb - Win 7-64
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Quote from top of forum index _

This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly.

So - no, CL don't have a formal presence on the forum.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Plemmens and TW Tan

Perhaps I can help.

Send me your order numbers, full name and email address, please.

I will contact Customer Support and get this matter sorted asap.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Thanks for taking care Dafydd.
I've sent you a PM with the info you asked for.
Much appreciated.
TW Tan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Same here. Sent you a PM with the info requested. Thanks in advance!
[Post New]
Happy end.
Thanks Dafydd for taking care of my problem.
It's sorted.
TW Tan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Same happy end here. Thanks Dafydd for helping.
Now happily trying out the various ways of making home videos.
Dominique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2009 11:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here. Digital River Download Manger is hanging. I sent them a Screen Shot of the problem. No answer. Still waiting.

They got the payment though... no problem there... If they would take care of their customers the same way they work to get the payments we will not have these problems.

How do I get the product I paid for?
[Post New]
It might be a good idea to send a PM (personal message) to Dafydd Bevan.
Use the PM button to do so. Q6600-2.4ghz-4gb - GF8800GTS-512mb - Win 7-64
Dominique [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2009 11:35 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your help.

I finally got the download links from the Cyberlink Support.
The links worked fine.

SIMPLE LINKS - that what they should use and trash that Digital River Download Manager.

Simpler is better! I lost one day BS with that because someone somewhere wanted to play with a Download Manager.