Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download, upgrade of power director 8
Graeme1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2008 17:51 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I am having trouble downloading, upgrade of power director 8, which causes Internet explorer to close down or (crashed) I have changed the DEP to accept the Cyberlink and digitalriver web site to no avail. Turned firewall off ,did not help. Any luck, anywhere Graeme.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 02:53

Raynald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2009 18:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have been unable to download the program also. I have been trying for three days to get a hold of cyberlink but to no avail.

I don't know what to do. I am thinking of just getting my moneyback through the credit card company.
CAMILLERI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 09:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I also could not download Powerdirector 8 from Digitalriver. Kept getting Error 403 = Forbidden message at start of download then abort. I'm in Australia and other searches found that Digitalriver may not send outside USA. Have had no response from digital river
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Contact customer support:
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Provide:
Order number
full name
Email address.

All will need to be given and will be checked.

You will then be contacted.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Graeme1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd Bevan.
I have contacted cyberlink, and did what they told me to do, and now i get the message after entering the pass word, You are not authorised to view this page, and locks up. I am also from Australia. Wishing you well. Graeme

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 14:56

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Send me your data Graeme, please

Dafydd
[Moderator]
CAMILLERI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 09:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Have done all that . Have sent a second email to cyberlibk customer service to confirm refund being processed have had no response at this stage. Still have no answer as to what the problem to why I got error message when i tried to download. The whole experience has made me lose confidence in purchasing any future products via online .
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
CAMILLERI,
I cant help you now as you've asked for a refund and that takes a few days to process.

The online purchase issue, I think Digital River, the secure online purchase company used by the majority of software companies, got "in a pickle" with demand.

I have resolved download issues for a number of forum members.

I hope you have better luck next time.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Quote: Have done all that . Have sent a second email to cyberlibk customer service to confirm refund being processed have had no response at this stage. Still have no answer as to what the problem to why I got error message when i tried to download. The whole experience has made me lose confidence in purchasing any future products via online .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2009 15:00

William [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2009 20:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd
Just to say that so far I like what I see with version 8 and I've also contacted cyberlink, followed instructions and now get the same message after entering the password. You are not authorised to view this page

billi from Glasgow UK
Graeme1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check to see if windows firewall is turned off as well as your private one, which I thought was, but it wasnt: ie (i had two running.) and bingo it worked on full powerdirector 8 I didnt try the upgrade powerdirector 8.
Graeme. (I wont take to drink now).