Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video speed repair
Larry-AJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 19:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Video speeds have been corrupted. A 20 minute clip goes down to a 3 minute clip. Holding the pointer on bottom of screen shows that the rest of clip info is still there. Can POWERDIRECTOR V7 repair this problem? Or, does another version have a fix, or is it hopelessly broken?
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
more info please.
Whats the size of the file in gigabytes?
can you play it OK in Windows Media Player?
what format .AVI or .MPG ?
any info would help.

When you bring it in to PowerDirector can you play it before trying to drag to the eitor line?

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Larry-AJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
MPEG-1
Bitrate 17.85 Mbps
Frame rate 29.97
File type VCD
File size 120.36 MB

This is the info PD V7 gives me about the clip.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
MPEG-1
Bitrate 17.85 Mbps
Frame rate 29.97
File type VCD
File size 120.36 MB

I did a quick comparison with two of my own files
away.mpg
2.37mbps
25fps
49 Mb
2m 36s runtime

howto.mp4
8mbps
29fps
829 Mb
13m 51sec runtime

For your file to be twenty minutes runtime it would need to be either about 1Gigabyte long (or more) or its bitrate would need to be more like 4 or 5 Mbps

Go try the same properties on a different file.

My calculation was that your 120Mbyte file would runtime around 36 seconds so 2 mins would be in the same ballpark, not 20 mins.

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Larry-AJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
I took your advice and compared another file that I have.

MPEG -1
Bit rate - 1150 Kbps
Length - 13.03 min
size 121 MB
Frame rate 25.00 fps
Res 176 x 144
Aspect ratio 4:3

I was off on the length of the other clip because I had to estimate since I could not determine it's original length. It would have been closer to this one in most respects.
While I appreciate your help I don't want to waste your time if PD V7 cannot fix this problem. As long as your willing to help I appreciate it.
Thanks, Larry