Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power dvd 7 does not play xvid / divx
fleity [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2007 10:06 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
i just tried the powerdvd7 trial today and mostly i would say nice programm, worth buying...

it plays perfectly the ut2007-HD trailer and the dts 5.1 audio stream of a dvd (which was the reason why i tried it at all because it wasnt working in powerdvd6) BUT IT DOES NOT PLAY ANY FILE WHICH USES XVID OR DIVX it is really anoying powerdvd6 played them without any problem so does vlc and so on.

i already tried reinstalling xvid but nothing changed, is there a way to get this working?

- thx fleity
Naiss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2007 07:50 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hi,
i just tried the powerdvd7 trial today and mostly i would say nice programm, worth buying...

it plays perfectly the ut2007-HD trailer and the dts 5.1 audio stream of a dvd (which was the reason why i tried it at all because it wasnt working in powerdvd6) BUT IT DOES NOT PLAY ANY FILE WHICH USES XVID OR DIVX it is really anoying powerdvd6 played them without any problem so does vlc and so on.

i already tried reinstalling xvid but nothing changed, is there a way to get this working?

- thx fleity

I don't have any problems using xvid or Divx 6.4, perhaps the trial version is an absolute basic version which doesn't support those formats. The Deluxe version doesn't have any problems. ^naiss^
fleity [Avatar]
[Post New]
hmm i don't think so and specially why should everything else work oO? i did not find anything about this somewhere else too so is there a way to ask cyberlink whats wrong?
fleity [Avatar]
[Post New]
i read that some had a similar problem solved by uninstalling a programm called ffdshow so today i got the idea of installing ffdshow (and deinstalling it right away) but somehow with ffdshow it work Oo i'm not quite sure what now exactly solved the problem but i expect that powerdvd7 did not find the codecs

however it works